Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

handmade halloween decorations

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 8671 Total Views

I have made a lot of my own decorations this year and in the past, here are a few great ones I like... these are all from marthastewart.com

Scarecows... always inexpensive with a lot of impact!

Paper silouettes... this link includes templates... all you need is black cardstock or construction paper.

paper mache pumpkins... all you need is tissue paper, white glue, and balloons!

I didn't get a picture but this link is to these awesome and spooky garland made from torn up garbage bags... also SUPER cheap with big impact!

what are your ideas?

by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinwife2Steve
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Thanks! I think those are wonderful! I will definitely be using them.

trick or treat

MNMom247365
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:18 AM

I always have my kids make paper spiders using a large circle punch for the body and then their  hands for the legs. It is fun to see how much bigger their hands have gotten over the year,

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Witch's Curtain

this is the garland made from garbage bags, so easy, so spooky!

MegaMamaTX
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 4:07 PM

We made a halloween themed mobile using cookie cutters to draw the shapes on construction paper of a witch, cat, ghost, pumpkin, bat, etc.

We used straws and fishing line to assemble to mobile like this:

It's very lightweight and the slightest breeze makes it move. The girls love it and I know we'll be making these for other holidays.

busmommy
by on Oct. 2, 2008 at 11:40 AM

wow carrie grace!  those are fantastic!

mybabiesRmywrld
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM

So did you just cut the bags in strips?  How did you get it to look like cloth?  That looks so cool!

Quoting carrie_grace:

Witch's Curtain

this is the garland made from garbage bags, so easy, so spooky!

MommyGirl66
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I LUV THESE IDEAS !!!

THANK YOU !!!

I WILL BE USING THEM FOR MY CHILD'S HALLOWEEN PARTY !!!

RealitysADream
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM

You all have some awesome ideas!!! The kids and I are going to make the pumpkins and curtain tomorrow after school :)

coleyweight
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 11:39 AM

To make the pumpkins light up did you just use the little battery operated tea lights?

AzaleaCheerMom
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 8:43 PM

One year, I went to the thrift store...bought a pair of mens jeans, a flannel shirt, and was lucky enough to find a straw hat. I layed everything out neatly on the table, shirt tucked in the jeans and everything zipped and buttoned. I hot glued the two together. The jeans stay zipped but the shirt needs to be able to be unbuttoned for stuffing.

Every year "Mr Man" gets stuffed with either leaves or straw. He is then seated in the chair on our front porch. We place an old trick or treat bucket on his neck for a head, it has a smiley face. His straw hat goes on top.

Mr Man picked up a nasty habit last year when a friend put a box of Marlboro's in his shirt pocket. (joke: it's an empty box)

The girls absolutely LOVE Mr Man and they look forward to him coming to life every Halloween!

Sorry no pic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)