Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

handmade halloween decorations

Posted by   + Show Post

I have made a lot of my own decorations this year and in the past, here are a few great ones I like... these are all from marthastewart.com

Scarecows... always inexpensive with a lot of impact!

Paper silouettes... this link includes templates... all you need is black cardstock or construction paper.

paper mache pumpkins... all you need is tissue paper, white glue, and balloons!

I didn't get a picture but this link is to these awesome and spooky garland made from torn up garbage bags... also SUPER cheap with big impact!

what are your ideas?

by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Replies (21-24):
CreativeMummy
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Yesterday we went to the Pumpkin Patch with the MOPS moms and kids.  They had us do a craft that I just had to share!

Toilet Paper Pumpkins

Materials -

1 roll of toilet paper (with paper on it)

1 20in x 20in piece of orange material

1 1 1/2in x 10in strip of green material

1 9 1/2in x 8 1/2in piece of brown paper garbage bag

place the roll of toilet paper in the middle of the material - take two corners opposite each other and shove the corners into the roll hole - take the paper bag and roll it and squish it - put inside roll also - take strip of green and hold in the middle and put just the middle in the hole so that it looks like two green leaves - and VOILA!!  Toilet Paper Pumpkin!!

If any part of this doesn't make sense feel free to ask - I'll walk you through it best I can!!!

Thanks for all the ideas, motivation and creativity that you all share!!

Tammy

~ love being Steve's wife and Mommy to 2 princesses ~

gacamommy
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 6:25 PM

if you click on the pumpkins it brings you to a web site that tells you how to make them

dawnyz
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Thank you for the link i was able to print out about 6 templates for bats cats mice and witches. I have a party on saturday and i have been looking for these very things....the mise will be running up the stairs and the bats will be flying around the room from the ceiling the  cats and witches will be in the windows so this was so perfect for what I was looking for. thank you so very much for taking your time to post the link. Happy Haunting!!!!

yvonne37
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 8:10 AM

The best thing is that its not messy like a real pumpkin... love the idea!!

Quoting MyDayBoys2:

Me three!!!! I want to try it... = )

Quoting faemoon3:

I love those paper mache pumpkins!

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)