Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

halloween party for the kids

Posted by   + Show Post

ok so i am having a Halloween party for my friends and families children.  its going to be from 1pm-3pm ...this is what i have planned so far.

guessing game... how many candy corn in the jar.

parade around the yard then have the parents vote on best halloween costume.

make a craft ... ghost lollipops. simple and edible! lol

as for a game... im not sure... so any ideas will be great! thanks!

and there will be snacks and drinks for the kids.

so do you think this is enough? or is it too much? the children will range from ages 8 months to 10 years. any ideas will be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

fall

by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 8:23 PM
Replies (11-16):
ohiomommy06
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Another fun treat is a popcorn hand.  Take a clear plastic serving glove, put a piece of candy corn in the bottom of each finger for the fingernail, and fill the rest with popcorn, then tie shut!!  Easy, and fun to make! 

Heidi (29)  DH (31)  Madelynn (2) and Isaac William(EDD- Jan. 6, 09)

HiveQueen
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 8:51 PM

We had a Halloween party where we had the kids make up scary stories to tell, and at a differant party we had them put on a play since they were already in costume.  You could make a rule for no blood.... depending on ages and constumes of course.

MandyO
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I am also having a halloween party for my playgroup next week. I am going to make Spiderweb pizzas.. You use string cheese, tear it into strips and put the cheese on in the shape of a web. Take whole pitted black olives and cut one in half for the head and body of the spider, cut the other into strips for the legs. It is super cute! I'm doing Ghost windsocks as a craft I think.. White posterboard, glue on white streamers and have the kids do the ghost's face. I'm doing my party for age 4 and under. Game-wise, the only thing I could come up with was the mummy thing, but they will all already be in costume so I don't know.

mum2hunter
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM

I loved the mini caramel apple idea! 

I tried it using the caramel candy that I melted and dipped the apple pieces into.  It was a little difficult using this method because the caramel kept sliding off the "non-peel" part of the apple.  Some turned out ok.  I think I'll either try it using the caramel sheets or the chips.

Thanks for the info on them.

Judy

litlebitisme
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Instead of pin the nail on the donkey you could make your own pin the nose on the pumpkin.

momw2kids
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 12:47 AM

If got the arts and crafts book, i will add more games later when i find it.

YOu can take a round card board and take 20 oz pop bottles and cut them in half but make the bottoms of the bottle different sizes in height, in the book they had 5. the took a orange tissuse paper ( 1 oe 2 layes to make is more orange) and and glues it to the bottom half of the bottom to make a pumpkin. than took green paper and make it the stem of the pumpkin. The used large coffie can lids and cut out the middle to fit over the pumpkins ( like ring toss) buts its pumpkin toss. they did glue the cut parts the the card board.

i find the book i can give you better information and other games

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)