Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just for men

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 10:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 1935 Total Views

ok ladies i have got some wonderful ideas for you all in making christmas gifts i have made my list and thanks to all of you i know what to do for almost everyone. Any ideas on gifts for men like my dh and father in laws and brother in laws ?

Thanks

by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
daiseysmom
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Family Fun had a really cute idea for dads in this month's issue. I tried to find it on the website but couldn't. They decorated a little wooden box (the kind you buy at the craft store) and glue nuts and bolts and little "toolbox" things on it. Give it to dad as a treasure box. The kids really want to make one for my husband this year.

funny

ms_mom2007
by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM

come on ladies i know you have many great ideas

michiganmom116
by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM

I'm stitching a team logo onto a flannel shirt for DH this year, also making flannel pj pants.  I've also made flannel robes, boxer shorts out of character fabric, and made fleece blankets.  I have stitched and framed pics of fish, classic cars, airplanes etc in the past.  One year I made a wooden fishing pole rack for FIL.

jaycee1124
by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Those bags of rice and herbs that you can heat or cool for muscle aches are great!

Signs for in the rec room that say things like "Cowboy's Domain...Redskin fans not permitted" (subsitute for whatever team they like and that team's rival) or other sports/hobby related things.

suroundedbyboys
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Homemade for then men in my life...

Fleece blankets for the teenage nephews (not the tie kind, i sew mine)

Spice rub set for brother-in law probably 4 combinations.

Father-in-law (my husband is doing it) is getting a model building and putting it together, painting it etc, for his railroad.

For my husband, I have a few ideas 1. Wallet or check book made from the inside of a keyboard (he's  a pc tech) 2. I have a glass hersheys jar a client brought into  where i work full of candy so i got it when it was empty. I am either going to fill it with candy, or get some stuff to make hot chocolate and fill it with that. 

Still need ideas for husband...

Jacylrin
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Sufficiently manly sayings done in cross stitch or calligraphy (I've seen plenty of X-stitch stuff involving fishing).

Random items crafted out of duct tape (wallets I've seen more than once).

KRIZZ25
I HATE BEING ALONE..EVERY ONE HAD A SOME BODY.I HAVE A NO BODY .
Yesterday at 7:47 PM
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Quoting daiseysmom:

Family Fun had a really cute idea for dads in this month's issue. I tried to find it on the website but couldn't. They decorated a little wooden box (the kind you buy at the craft store) and glue nuts and bolts and little "toolbox" things on it. Give it to dad as a treasure box. The kids really want to make one for my husband this year.

GOOD IDEA.. WOW.. AND KIDS CAN FILL IT WTH STUFF THAY FINS. LIKE FEALTHERS,PRETTY ROCKS.. WAY KOOL..

MOM TO AMAMNDA  8 YEARS OLD  KATIE,DAVIE 4 YEARS OLD  AND DOKOTA 1 YEAS OLD ( DOG) .I LIKE TO TAKE PICKS AND COOK.

FORGIVE MY SPELLING..I HAVE LD..BUT GOD LOVES ME..!!!

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)