Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need harvest party ideas for kindergarteners

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 1:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 487 Total Views

My husband signed me up to run my sons Harvest Party and I just found out so to say that I am a little behind is an understatement and I want to make it special. This is my middle sons class and it is for knidergarten and in hids school it will be on halloween but unfortunantely we can not do a halloween themed party it has to be harvest and i am at a loss so please I need all the creative age appropriate ideas I can get thank you his class has 20 kids in it Thank you all so much in advance. I really appreciate you sharing your creative minds .

by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mjnmkmommy
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:33 PM

How crafty are you?  What type of things are you wanting to do at the party? Games?  Craft?  Food?  I wasn't sure what you are needing.  We come from a farming community so ideas are pretty easy to come up with. Let me know what you need!

trisc9
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Everything.. LOL I can be pretty crafty just need actual harvest style stuff not halloween and for this time of year I am so used to doing halloween not harvest so I need harvest ideas foods I have ideas for like leaf cookies and pumpkin bread but thats it and then a leaf press for a craft  but then  I am out of ideas so anything else that is good for kindergarteners would be great thanks again

funnymom32
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Let me think, I might have to PM you.  I teach Kindergarten at a school that does not do Halloween either.   You will need a lot of parent support for this so start asking around now if other parents can help.  You can have little centers inside and outside of the classroom.  You can have a bat theme, pumpkin theme (just as long as you don't decorate pumpkins with faces), apple theme, falling leaves/tree themes.  You can always google these and get some ideas.  My sister did a whole apple theme party for my niece and gave me the info for that.  If you give me your e-mail address I can send it as an attachment.   I've had them go on a nature walk and then water color what they've found.  I've talked a little about why the leaves turned colors.  For the apple theme, you can make apple sauce, apple pies, they can eat apples, do apple graphing.  I'll think of more later.

LucindasMama
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 7:28 AM

this month's issue of family fun magazine had lots of cute craft ideas that aren't necessarily halloween.  one that i remember specifically is making mini candy/caramel apples - using a melon baller, you can get about 4 "mini" apples from a regular sized apple.  use 1/2 lollipop stick and caramel or candy and decorate them as you would a regular sized apple.  i think their website is www.familyfun.com.  have fun!

mjnmkmommy
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 8:25 AM

You can still do pumpkins!

MikeysMom22
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Maybe have the kids do either tempra paint or foam pieces with adhesive backs cut into face shapes...ie...nose, mouth, eyes, glasses , ears etc. and put it on small pumpkins that they can take home. Have parents either send in pumpkins or send some cash to pay for the pumpkins and maybe the other supplies you will need.

Some classes carve out a pumpkin and then teachers or the moms helping bake the seeds in the oven in there is one in the school and then let the kids try them as well as the other party treats.

AOL Search results for "harvest party ideas"

Try this and see all of the site with lots of ideas that came up.

Hope the event turns out great!!!!

Quoting mjnmkmommy:

You can still do pumpkins!

busmommy
by on Oct. 25, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Just to let you know...they have to call it a harvest party because some take offense to Halloween.  Whatever.  ;)  Anyhoo - our school calls it a harvest party but every year most of the items brought in by parents are halloween themed.  Nobody minds.  It's all volunteer, so what are they going to say?  I'm making witches hat cookies.

Hersheys kisses unwrapped

Package of fudge-striped shortbread cookies

1 tube orange or red decorating icing

Turn cookie upside down.  Put a little orange icing in center and push hershey kiss on top for "glue".  Pipe a thin circle of orange icing around kiss and make a little bow or tassle.  That's it!  A witches hat.  Easy, cute & yummy.

Have a great party!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)