Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great holiday gifts for adults... please post your handmade holiday gift ideas, links, or tutorials here!!!! (updated)

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM
  • 71 Replies
  • 27977 Total Views

Okay ladies... this thread is for all your awesome holiday gift giving ideas!  This will be your place for one stop holiday "shopping".  Please post your ideas for handmade gifts your family and friends would love... or items that you would love to recieve this holiday season!

Here's one to get you started:

follow the link to get the recipies for these super yummy popcorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crickettty
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

This one is would be great for grandparents!

Handprint Poem Gift

Instructions:
Make a home-made card or a wall hanging with your childs handprint on it, and print this poem on it!

My Handprint

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday I'm growing big
And soon I'll be very tall
Then all my little handprints
Will be hard to recall
So here's a special handprint
Just so that you can say
this is how my fingers looked
when I placed them here today.

put a border around the poem and add the child's name and the year. Poem to the right of the page, Name on the bottom left and year at the top left with handprint in the center.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mother to Chloe 7 HH, and Allison 2 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

melissa1983
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Since I learned to crochet in Jan of last year I decided to make all my gifts for Christmas last year and did.

I made all my in laws hats and scarves in different colors and textures to fit their personalities. I made my g-ma hot pads, my mom got slippers (she requested) and my dad got beanies since he is a truck driver and goes up north from FL alot (he actually requested more).

This year I made my parents bath puffs since they both use liquid soap and I made my dad a couple beanie hats as well.

Im planning to make some no sew blankets and possibly print out my own designs to iron onto those blankets to make them personalized (you can get the iron on transfer paper at wal mart really cheap and print off your own designs).

I also want to get some smaller cross stitches that I can personalize for other family members that can be made into fridgies or I can frame for them.

Melissa (25) SAHM & wife to Jared (27) since Sept 2003

Mommy to Caleb (May 2004), Cody (Dec 2005) & Dana (Dec 2008)

pregnancy due date

Visit my Custom Crochet Website at: http://www.freewebs.com/melissaricecustomcrochet/

daiseysmom
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Kraft foods had some yummy looking truffles in their magezine this month! I think I'm going to make them and give them out in cute boxes from the craft store.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/bakers-one-bowl-chocolate-53520.aspx

funny

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2008 at 8:59 AM
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2008 at 9:03 AM

handmade slipper socks (no sew project)

bethybaby
by on Nov. 6, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Photo Coasters

Heat Theraphy Packs

shirley611
by on Nov. 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM

One year I made mini banana breads( mini loaf pan) . Wraped them in clear foil and sat them on a new x mas kitchen towel from dollar tree. And put around each towel and bread a nice x mas bow.

bethybaby
by on Nov. 6, 2008 at 3:00 PM

I used Uncooked Long Grain Rice!

Quoting AngelaRosenthal:

What did you put in the heat therapy packs

Quoting bethybaby:

Photo Coasters

Heat Theraphy Packs

ThaMCE
by on Nov. 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Before you go ANYWHERE this year, check out this website:

Dollar Store Crafts

This site has awesome ideas and tutorials of gifts made from things you can find at the dollar store! Some things can be done in prices ranging from free to $10!

ThaMCE
by on Nov. 6, 2008 at 4:02 PM

I know they sell dried lavender at Michael's in the soapmaking section, I don't know how good it is though.

Quoting bethybaby:

Where do you find the Herbs. Especially Lavender and Cedar? These are really neat! I just don't know where I would find the first set of herbs!

Quoting carrie_grace:

Lavender Sachets...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN