Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great holiday gifts for adults... please post your handmade holiday gift ideas, links, or tutorials here!!!! (updated)

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay ladies... this thread is for all your awesome holiday gift giving ideas!  This will be your place for one stop holiday "shopping".  Please post your ideas for handmade gifts your family and friends would love... or items that you would love to recieve this holiday season!

Here's one to get you started:

follow the link to get the recipies for these super yummy popcorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
metalnmyveins
by on Nov. 18, 2008 at 9:41 PM

One of my coworkers bought plain unfinished wooden picture frames at Walmart or Michael's, let her kids paint them and decorate them with all sorts of items. You then put a pic in it and give as a gift!

mamatoheartbaby
by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM

We did these last year .... Family fun had the "hands" on a card and I turned it into a wall hanging

and our cards as well.

HisDove
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Health food stores have dried herbs for sale...like lavender, peppermint etc...

Quoting TXMompreneur:

Quoting ThaMCE:

I know they sell dried lavender at Michael's in the soapmaking section, I don't know how good it is though.

Quoting bethybaby:

Where do you find the Herbs. Especially Lavender and Cedar? These are really neat! I just don't know where I would find the first set of herbs!

Quoting carrie_grace:

Lavender Sachets...

I actually saw lavender on the spice aisle at the grocery store yesterday!  I shop at Brookshire's, but other stores might carry it, too!!

Dawn

~Nikki~

"She opens her mouth in wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:26

bbsweetie1525
by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Quoting TXMompreneur:

Quoting ThaMCE:

I know they sell dried lavender at Michael's in the soapmaking section, I don't know how good it is though.

Quoting bethybaby:

Where do you find the Herbs. Especially Lavender and Cedar? These are really neat! I just don't know where I would find the first set of herbs!

Quoting carrie_grace:

Lavender Sachets...

I actually saw lavender on the spice aisle at the grocery store yesterday!  I shop at Brookshire's, but other stores might carry it, too!!

Dawn

You can get it at any natural food store that sells herbs by the oz too.  In my area it is called Huckleberry's.

Come join us at R.E.S.P.E.C.T., a group for all religions to come together and learn:

Doni1983
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Coffee/Cocoa Stirrers:

This is what I'm doing this year, because I live in WA where coffee is a big deal a couple years ago I got the idea of making chocolate dipped "coffee stirrers"...I've since expanded and this is what I'm doing now:

Chocolate Peppermint Coffee Stirrers

Supplies:

Plastic Spoons

Almond Bark

Candy Canes

Wax Paper

Plastic Wrap

Thin Ribbon or Rafia

Okay, so take the candy canes (or peppermint patties) and crush them up fairly fine, put the pieces in a bowl or bag and set them aside. Next melt down the almond bark, in a pot-stirring often! Once the chocolate is melted dip a plastic spoon in it, make sure that at least the "spoon" part is covered in chocolate, then grab some crushed peppermint and sprinkle the chocolate covered spoon with it. Set on the wax paper to cool, once cool wrap the part covered in chocolate in plastic wrap, tie with a ribbon or rafia and you're done! So then when you stir your coffee or cocoa the peppermint and chocolate will melt into your drink!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Coffee Stirrers

Plastic Spoons

Almond Bark

Reeses Peanut Butter Chips

Wax Paper

Plastic Wrap

Thin Ribbon or Rafia

Basically done the same way as the peppermint ones but instead of the peppermint melt the peanut butter chips separately and drizzle it over the chocolate covered spoons! Perfect for those peanut butter lovers!!!

I also love making chocolate covered mini pretzels too...and they are REALLY good with peppermint chunks on them!!! This year I'm going to make some with homemade caramel on them as well because that sounds really good too! I bag them up in cute little clear holiday plastic gift bags and they are a big hit!

Our Story-have the tissues near...http://www.totsites.com/tot/smittybaby

razmatazthespaz
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM

ok so i'm not done decorating them yet but i made explosion photo boxes!! they are AWESOME!!!! and sooooo super easy

the instruction call for cardstock, but i just used cheapo poster paper for the outerbox and scrapbooking paper for the rest

instructions at

www.scrapbook-crazy.com/explosion-box-album.html

Photobucket

bekdcan
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 6:14 PM

I just wanted to Share these book marks i made! Very Simpel

Ribbon 12-14 in long ( i just got some from my scrapbooking stuff)

Button (i got the exstras off of new clothes)

and Hot Glue Gun

and there you have it

hickory
by on Dec. 7, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Here's the candles I did for my mom and MIL.  Mom loves purple flowers, and MIL loves the Grand Teton Mountains.

supermomof924
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 9:38 PM

I have made these Purses and they make great gift's!

supermomof924
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 11:23 AM

I will have to do(post) it step by step I have never written down the directions on it before.

My camera wasn't doing right so I was trying to do it with the web cam so if u need more help please let me know

You will need to mark your machine from where the needle comes down over to about 3/4 ths to an 1 inch( I put a piece of tape on mine) this is where u line up the material to so that you have this that hangs over, and so it is all about the same size

1/2 a yard of one material

1/2 a yard of a second material

Batting(warm and natural)

belting

1. You will need about a yard of material, half a yard of each color

2. you will also need Batting(like what goes in Quilts) I use warm and natural because it is thinner and easier to sew with.

3. Cut your squares I cut mine about 4 and a half, The bigger u make them the bigger the purse.

4. Match a piece of each color and the batting, put material face down then batting then material (different color) face up

5. Then sew from corner to corner, make an X

6.then once u get the # of squares u need(the one I showed has 19) start sewing the squares together but make sure if u have a design they r all going the same way.

7. Now u r going to make 3 in a row, and then change the pattern so that it is diagonal, you do 2 of each that match. this is for the front and the back.

8. make sure the pattern matches and sew one on top of the other to make the sides.

9. then the 3 u sewed together take the 2 that don't match and put them back to back and sew them together do the same for the other side.

10. sew the sides on to the front, sew the back onto the sides so that u have a circle

11.sew the last 3 squares together and sew them to the bottom of the front then the bottom of the back and then sew the sides up

12. then you need 4 inch strips how ever long you want them for the straps and you need some belting cut it the same length as the material, you buy it buy the role

13. fold the material over the belting and sew down the edge of the belting, and flip the material under on the other side and fold under and sew down the other side of the belting

14. stick it in the top of bag and pin it, u can also make tie straps if u want, then sew all the way around the top make sure u use that marking that I talked about at top of page for all of your sewing

14. then take your siccors and frey the excess material

even the top. I can do this project in about 30 min. but starting out it might take longer, but once you know what u r doing it is easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN