Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great holiday gifts for adults... please post your handmade holiday gift ideas, links, or tutorials here!!!! (updated)

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay ladies... this thread is for all your awesome holiday gift giving ideas!  This will be your place for one stop holiday "shopping".  Please post your ideas for handmade gifts your family and friends would love... or items that you would love to recieve this holiday season!

Here's one to get you started:

follow the link to get the recipies for these super yummy popcorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
grandma4five
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM

The MY HANDPRINT is absolutely the best!  My little grandkids will be with me for a couple of days just before Christmas and I'm going to help them make this for Mommy and Daddy.  They love crafting and I've got several projects lined up, but this just moved to the top of the list.  I bought two 16x20 stretched canvas' at a garage sale on Saturday for $2 that will be ideal!  I have the paints.  Now all we will need are the handprints, which are not hare to come by!  Thanks for sharing your ideas! 

natnmaddiesmom
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:54 PM

I used this idea. I printed out the poem and three small pictures of my brother-in-law with his two boys onto regular printer paper, Then I got a frame for $2 at Wal-mart. It looked really great when it was all finished. I forgot to take a photo before wrapping it though. :-(  If we'd have boys, I'd be making one for my husband too!

Quoting wendyms:

If you love the handprint poem you will like the footprint one also. When my son was two, he is now seven, his daddy was a Marine Corps drill instructor. I had a copy of his daddy's official and very serious picture taken in uniform with the campaign cover on. I placed that in an 8x10 frame and in the bottom opposite corner I had a picture of my son standing in his boots with his daddy's cover on. (He loved to play with it when daddy came home.) In between I placed the following poem:

Walk a Little Slower Daddy

"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!

- Author Unknown

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Ladybu6205_1969
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:35 AM

When I saw the  pencil roll in the gifts for teenagers post, I thought I would share this idea with you for the adults who like to picnic or those that just like to have things ready for the dinner table in a timely manner...

My Mother-In-Law quilted this placemat and added pockets to hold the silverware and a napkin, which she also made from matching fabric, and a tie so it can all be rolled up and tucked into your picnic basket.

If you are not a quilter, the same principle could be done with a store bought placemat and then adding a coordinating fabric to make the pockets...

Merry Christmas everyone!

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:52 AM
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:26 AM

here are some more great FREE amy butler patterns!

PattyinNV
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Quoting mistyray:

I did this for my mom 2 years ago. I got all her grand kids and took a photo of them all together and had it put on a shirt and above the photo I put MY GRANDKIDS............. and on the back put WALK ALL OVER ME!!!!!! and had there feet prints all over the back. she loved it.

Quoting SMLemos:

Last year for my husband I made a tshirt with my sons footprints all over it and the shirt said "My son walks all over me".  For my sons grandpas I made shirts with his handprints on them that said "Hands Down My Grandpa is the Best" 

I took the easier route and had him do his hand prints and foot prints on cardstock, then scanned them, I then cropped them and printed them out on Iron on transfer paper and ironed it on the shirts.  Because with a 2 year old we would of went through a ton of shirts trying to get it right. 

I have a long sleeved shirt I got at Kohl's that says "Twinkle twinkle little star, my grandkids are the best by far".  I love it. 

Also my daughter made for me not too long after my first g-child was born this t-shirt with his hand and footprints in the front and on the back it says: 

"I didn't do it

Nobody saw me

You can't prove it". 

Jonathon '96

We also made after my second g-child was born a wooden footstool with both their footprints on it, (with just reg. poster paint) then polyurethaned it bout 10x so it wouldn't come off, I still have it after 11 yrs, and no I won't let anyone put their feet on it!

Mommy2Olyvia
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Quoting bethybaby:

Photo Coasters

Heat Theraphy Packs

I found this site for the photo coasters:

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/13877-simply-smashing-photo-coasters-video.htm

but I wanted to know if I can use regular photos for this project? Instead of transfer paper??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)