Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great holiday gifts for adults... please post your handmade holiday gift ideas, links, or tutorials here!!!! (updated)

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay ladies... this thread is for all your awesome holiday gift giving ideas!  This will be your place for one stop holiday "shopping".  Please post your ideas for handmade gifts your family and friends would love... or items that you would love to recieve this holiday season!

Here's one to get you started:

follow the link to get the recipies for these super yummy popcorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Replies (61-70):
sherry2031
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I tried to go to melissa rice custom crochet  link from your paige and it said that paige could not be found.  Sherry

iamhome
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 6:33 PM

For Christmas this year I want to make a cookbook.  I am new to my boyfriend's family so I won't have everybody's recipes.  Instead, I'm going to do recipes that he and I love.  He is known for being a great cook and I'm pretty good, too.  I'm even going to include a recipe that the baby likes and one for the cat!

I am really broke this year and I can only really afford to buy presents for my kid so I'm really glad I thought of this.  My only expense will be binders to put the recipes in from the dollar store.  I'm going make the pages on the computer with the recipe and a picture.  Then I'll just print them out, glue them to construction paper, and hole punch them.  Each family member will get a binder of our favorite recipes and I think they'll really like them.  I'll try to post pictures when they're done!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Jacylrin
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM

One way to do a kid's handprint is to get Crayola Model Magic. It's a lightweight kind of foamy air-drying modeling compound that dries overnight or so. Press it into the bottom of a plate of the size you want the final to be (I used a disposable plastic dessert plate--depends on the size of the kid). Make it about 1/4 inch thick. Press your child's hand in the center, and lift. Let dry overnight (or, better yet, a few days). I then hot glued the finished disk onto a larger plate, writing "Happy Father's Day" and the year around the edge (since these were for Father's Day).

I'm thinking this year for the holidays of doing something similar, but have one handprint (the toddler) inside the other (the 10 year old).

Bizmom
by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM

We made paperbag scrapbooks last year fora few friends. using just paperbags, any color will do. we added scrapbook paper cut the same size of the bag once folded, added some christmas punch outs, ribbon for tying book together with and to add to any page they make. added some glitter in bottles(small) a glue stick, and some tinsel garland to decorate pages also. they loved it. put all the items in a baggy and tied off with a christmas bow and a tag. it was a hit!

Bizmomchristmas tree

wave

lyrarayne
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I haven't done this yet, in order to have any pictures, but my mom thought of this idea. Kind of. She loves drawings that I do and said how nice it would be if I framed one to give to her as a gift for Christmas. Well considering the amount of time I actually have to draw it's kind of out of the question. However I am a photography nut and love taking nature pictures and have always gotten lots of compliments on my photography. So I thought about how nice it would be to just get some prints off my digital camera, found some cheap but nice looking frames to frame some of my photos in to give as gifts as well. I pretty much know my relatives decor styles to know which photos would go best with their houses. It's a nice way to make use of something you all ready have.

soccerjunki
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Quoting lyrarayne:

I haven't done this yet, in order to have any pictures, but my mom thought of this idea. Kind of. She loves drawings that I do and said how nice it would be if I framed one to give to her as a gift for Christmas. Well considering the amount of time I actually have to draw it's kind of out of the question. However I am a photography nut and love taking nature pictures and have always gotten lots of compliments on my photography. So I thought about how nice it would be to just get some prints off my digital camera, found some cheap but nice looking frames to frame some of my photos in to give as gifts as well. I pretty much know my relatives decor styles to know which photos would go best with their houses. It's a nice way to make use of something you all ready have.

I think B&W pics in nice black frames always make a pretty gift..and you can sometimes get frames really cheap...

Rebecca77
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM

My friend and I made these adorable Sock Snowmen today! They'd make a great gift for any adult. *Please read all directions before starting the project)

Supplies Needed:

White Tube Sock

Childs Christmas theme socks,

Buttons

pom pom

Craft Ribbon

Hot glue

Needle

Black thread

Polyfil

beans,peas, or rise

green or red felt

One Jingle Bell

Use a large white sock for the body, tube socks work best. (the bigger the sock, the bigger the snowman)

Use a childs christmas theme sock for the hat. (attach the jingle bell to the end of the sock)

Hot glue or sew on buttons for the eyes.

Hot glue or sew on a red Pom pom or button for the nose. (We used a button that looked like candy)

Stitch the mouth with black thread, or you could cut out a mouth shape with black felt.

*The sock Ribbing will be at the top*

Pour about half a cup or so of dried peas, rice, or beans into the bottom of the sock. This helps to stabalize him so he can stand up.  Pull out some polyfil and mush it into balls, stuff it into the sock.  Make 3 balls.

Use Craft ribbon for the scarf and tie it around the neck area.

Use preferred color felt to cut out mittens, glue them to the scarf ends and embellish. We glued buttons and snowflaks to the mittens.

Glue or sew buttons down the belly of the snowman.

Attach the hat now. Tuck the ribbing of the white sock into the colored sock hat, glue around base.

It'd be fun to sew on 'patches' for a country look.

Have fun with this!

sids ribbonPlease take a moment to check out Casper Mommy's forums and calender.  We are looking for more admin, if you're interest please contact me.

Rebecca77
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I love the coaster idea, but you didn't post any type of tutorial.

I've tried hodge podge before, it made my photos blurry.

Please tell us how you did this and what materials you used :)

Thanks!

sids ribbonPlease take a moment to check out Casper Mommy's forums and calender.  We are looking for more admin, if you're interest please contact me.

Adm.Assistant
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 12:12 PM

ONe year I made everyone on my list pillowcases out of real cute material from Walmart, and they were a big hit.

One year I bought frozen bread dough, and baked big loaves of bread, and bought new

bread knives from Roses, and gave the bread and knife as a gift, everyone of my lady friends loved that idea.

foxyloxy
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Those sound so nice! They are going to love them! Pictures along with the recipe are wonderful! They show the food being enjoyed by those they love! So sweet!

Quoting iamhome:

For Christmas this year I want to make a cookbook.  I am new to my boyfriend's family so I won't have everybody's recipes.  Instead, I'm going to do recipes that he and I love.  He is known for being a great cook and I'm pretty good, too.  I'm even going to include a recipe that the baby likes and one for the cat!

I am really broke this year and I can only really afford to buy presents for my kid so I'm really glad I thought of this.  My only expense will be binders to put the recipes in from the dollar store.  I'm going make the pages on the computer with the recipe and a picture.  Then I'll just print them out, glue them to construction paper, and hole punch them.  Each family member will get a binder of our favorite recipes and I think they'll really like them.  I'll try to post pictures when they're done!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)