Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh those evil office parties and white elephant gag gifts.

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:04 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 391 Total Views

Do you have those evil office parties where you need to have a gag gift. Those that from year to year range from $10 to $30 in price. Every year I rack my brain for a new funny something. I have done nerf toys, punching bags, etrc... The last couple years I have even tried to be crafty. A couple years ago I made a car trash that would hang from a lighter and looked like a corset. It was really cute and I ended up with a few orders after the party. Then last year I made a few pair or men's underwear from fishnet. As a gag it was a popular "hoot". But they were a pain to actually try to sew. When I got a couple requests after the party for more I couldn't say no quick enough.

This year I couldn't think of another good gag gift so I took an easy out I borrowed the idea of a hangover kit from another group. It went over well so I will include instructions for the next person who feels a need. But now I need some new ideas for next year I have run out of really good gag ideas?????

Hangover Kit

The contents of this kit are:

Coffee - For the wide awake drunk

Mountain Dew - In case you need a high sugar, high caffeine mixer to go with the hair of the dog - can also be used to assist with making you a wide awake drunk

Designer Barf Bag - Directions for use are obvious  [This was a one gallon ziplock I let my son decorate with Neon markers]

Toothpaste & Toothbrush - For use after employing the designer barf bag

Ear Plugs - Directions for use are obvious (OMG the noise!)

Visine - For those blood shot eyes

Ice Bag - Are directions required?

Aspirin - Again do you need directions on how to use?

Water - For the Aspirin, may also help detoxify your poisoned system

Energy Gum - To freshen your breath and energize you (Don't I look alert Mr Policeman?)

V8 Juice - For the hangover recipe

"Hair of the Dog" - Leinenkugel's, Captain Morgan, Jose Cuervo (hangover recipe), Baileys (coffee)  [Get those itty bitty sample bottles from the liquor store and add a beer]

Hangover Recipe (Bloody Maria)

• 1 1/2 - 2 ounces tequila
  • 4 ounces tomato juice
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Tabasco and black pepper to taste.

Pour over ice cubes and stir well. Garnish with a celery stalk.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:12 AM

laughingThis is fun and funny! I could have used this list in college! LMAO! Lots of people would have appreciated it!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM

can I borrow this idea for my B-I-L from hell?

Do you have kids and pets or want to bring pets into your family? just click to follow me

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:18 PM

My family does this every year and we have gotten some pretty messed up gifts before (like a fart in a jar, mature right?) but there have been some pretty funny ones too.  Someone put a 20 dollar bill in a ziploc and froze it into a big ice block; my uncle snuck around with his camera and took kandid pictures of us doing things like taking a big bite of food, my other uncle picking his nose, ect. and framed them in one of those multi pic frames; a pee and poo doll:

and tons more. If you need more ideas PM me and I will think of some other ones we have done.

photo karma.png karma image by angela_perez

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)