Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband Ideas?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 1780 Total Views

I need some ideas for my hubby...I want to make something but I don't have much time and I'm just not sure what to do. I'm doing a frame, where I just buy a 5X7 frame and scrapbook a page into it..but I need something else too! Any ideas?

by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lacey1012
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM

I'm in the same boat. I think he is as well, so we compromised. We aren't getting eachother anything. love you sign

kalynsmom823
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Lacey1012:

I'm in the same boat. I think he is as well, so we compromised. We aren't getting eachother anything. love you sign

Well, we arent' suppose to get eachother anything either..but I know he got me somehting, so I want him to have something...

MNMom247365
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Maybe a grilling apron, or a no sew blanket, or maybe a homemade BBQ sauce, maybe some coupons for a back massage, or foot rub, a day of football, breakfast in bed, or whatever else you think he might want but doesn't get on a regular basis.

EGoyette
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Is he into sports?  I made Neal a fleece no sew Patriots blanket 2 years ago. He loves it!  And it takes about an hour & a half to do it.  Cost maybe $10-$15 ish depending on what size you make it. 

keeperof2
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 12:52 PM

whenever i'm in a bind - i got right to his tummy LOL!!!!!!

I'll make hime some chocolate covered strawberries, bababas and pretzels - he loves em!!!!!!!!!!!

Gail - Group Owner

Marsena
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM

my hubby is hard to buy for - what he wants he usually gets it - whether we  can afford it or not! so there's not really much left for me to get for him. I bought him a huge thing of honey roasted peanuts, a book and a book light (that one's kinda selfish- I want him to turn the lamp off so I can sleep while he reads :) I NEVER know what I"m getting until I open it - he's sneaky and waits until the last minute. and spends too much money - I really wish he wouldn't get me anything, due to that last reason...

if you can sew, make him a pair of flannel pants. cozy, warm, tons of fabric choices. otherwise, a tie-blanket is easy too! My DH would be happy if I just wrap up a whole bunch of cookies though, I think :)

I work 2 days a week (cleaning houses) and the rest of the time I'm a stay home mom of 2 (age 6 & 2) Trying to do everything all naturally - from cleaning, to healthcare! God gave us everything we need. I don't like the idea of using Man-made chemicals or medications!

toddler girltoddler boy        

Jess6700
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I took half risque photos, lol. They're really not bad at all. I'm a photographer though so I have all the fancy equipment. I just went online and searched googled images and found some sexy, yet mom appropriate photos and poses, posed myself and clicked the camera remote. What hubby wouldn't love some sexy, yet sophisticated photos of his wife? If anyone wants ideas of help doing this you can PM me. This is just one of the photos I took... very tame, lol.

proudmommy82
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM

oh man, i would LOVE to do this for my hubs, but i know NO ONE who i'd feel comfortable enough doing this with. and my camera is kinda crappy, so they probably wouldn't turn out really well.

HOWEVER, something i did for hubby last valentine's day that he LOVED was i wrote him an erotic letter. it was totally not like me, but i was preggo and high on hormones, so i did it. and MAN, let me tell you it was a big hit. :D i put it in his car in the morning with a rose, and wrote, "Don't open me until 5:00" on the outside. he got out of work later that day, read it in the car, and raced home to find me waiting for him. (kids were at a sitter. that was a gift to both of us. lol!) it was a great free gift. most men don't really care about stuff. just having their wife in the mood is all they'd ask for. ;D

Quoting Jess6700:

I took half risque photos, lol. They're really not bad at all. I'm a photographer though so I have all the fancy equiptment. I just went online and searched googles images and found some sexy, yet mom appropriet photos and poses, posed myself and clicked the camera remote. What hubby wouldn't love some sexy, yet sophisticated photos of his wife? If anyone wants ideas of help doing this you can PM me. This is just one of the photos I took... very tame, lol.

Jess6700
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM

That's a good idea too! I have to say, the last line of your post... totally true! That's what a man really wants for Christmas! lol

Quoting proudmommy82:

oh man, i would LOVE to do this for my hubs, but i know NO ONE who i'd feel comfortable enough doing this with. and my camera is kinda crappy, so they probably wouldn't turn out really well.

HOWEVER, something i did for hubby last valentine's day that he LOVED was i wrote him an erotic letter. it was totally not like me, but i was preggo and high on hormones, so i did it. and MAN, let me tell you it was a big hit. :D i put it in his car in the morning with a rose, and wrote, "Don't open me until 5:00" on the outside. he got out of work later that day, read it in the car, and raced home to find me waiting for him. (kids were at a sitter. that was a gift to both of us. lol!) it was a great free gift. most men don't really care about stuff. just having their wife in the mood is all they'd ask for. ;D

Quoting Jess6700:

I took half risque photos, lol. They're really not bad at all. I'm a photographer though so I have all the fancy equiptment. I just went online and searched googles images and found some sexy, yet mom appropriet photos and poses, posed myself and clicked the camera remote. What hubby wouldn't love some sexy, yet sophisticated photos of his wife? If anyone wants ideas of help doing this you can PM me. This is just one of the photos I took... very tame, lol.

medicmomof2
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM

I agree go right to his tummy. Sugar cookies, his favorite meal, favorite beer.

Or you can make him a man basket. Use an oil pan, or other mannly thing to hold the goodies, like a cooler even. And fill it with nuts, and candy, and cookies, pop, beer, wine, cheese, crackers, a new movie, a cozy blanket to watch the movie with, popcorn, a beer mug, a coffee mug, and some coupons so he can watch the movie on the big tv and no one can bother him. My husband would love this!!  Too bad he is not getting it!!! LOL

Merry Christmas from the Whiteaker Family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)