Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VALENTINE IDEAS

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
  • 91 Replies
  • 11240 Total Views

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
farrah
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:21 PM

oh how I love the day of all things pink and red, hearts and lace!!!

This year I am actually stealing an idea I saw from jon and kate plus eight for my son and doing a valentines day scavenger hunt all over the house and at the end he will find a "box full of love". It will have small things in it that I know he loves along with some treats.

Also on this day I like to use heart shaped cookie cutters to make heart shaped pancakes, sandwhiches, etc. We do strawberry milk and red jello for dessert, or strawberry short cake if I can find good berries.

For other people last year I got the edible markers and let my son paint some cookies and gave them to grandmas and grandpas along with a card. This year I haven't gotten that far in planning yet.

Wyndi
by on Dec. 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM

have you looked at www.allfreecrafts.com for ideas yet? I love that site.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe

come and join for some motivation

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 27, 2008 at 9:14 AM

here's a great idea... i think i will be making this one for my hubby... it is a message in a bottle

KristinaO129
by on Dec. 27, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Oh Goodness - haven't even gotten my Christmas stuff packed away and it's already time to move on to the next holiday... well I did have an idea that I could use some help with as well... The gift is  for my hubby and I wanted to have it done for Christmas but had a hard time completing it so it's on hold for Valentine's. (Or our anniversary is coming up too.) The idea is to tell him I love him 365 days of the year by having a jar with 365 slips of paper, each containing a little note about something I love about him, a loving little quote or a short little romantic poem. The idea is for him to pick out 1 slip of paper each day for a year.

I was able to get about half of the quotes/poems I need, I did an internet search for love/romantic quotes & poems & I've taken what I could from there, I'm now on to copying verses from greeting cards to add to the mix, but if anyone has other ideas or resources for a lot of sweet, romantic short verses, I'd love to hear your ideas. I've also taken a verse or two from our favorite romantic songs. I originally thought I'd like to do this for him every year but didn't relize how hard it would be to find that many quotes & poems. Can't wait to hear all of your ideas too!

Ahhh, love is in the air already, I love it!

bear with heart

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 27, 2008 at 10:37 AM
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 27, 2008 at 10:40 AM

if you made sopas for xmas gifts, you could use up the rest of your soap supplies making these cute little heart shaped soaps!\

Mindy82671
by on Dec. 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM

With all the great after Xmas sales we bought a 4 foot pink tree to decorate with hearts for Valentines Day-my kids can't wait!

aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM

what kind of box is that? cardboard? wood? i don't know?  what do they mean, double up the doilies? is that just putting one on top of another? sorry i just wondered?

Quoting carrie_grace:

a valentine keepsake box

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Dec. 28, 2008 at 9:00 AM

okay... she used an archival box, which is acid free, so you photos and papers don't age or disintegrate over time.  I looked around the net for archival boxes and this site has the best prices. 

by doubling up the doilies she means keeping two of the paper doilies stuck together.  because you are using it as a stencil, using 2 doilies will prevent the paper from disintegrating  while you are painting.  I hope this helps!

Quoting aidensmomma508:

what kind of box is that? cardboard? wood? i don't know?  what do they mean, double up the doilies? is that just putting one on top of another? sorry i just wondered?

Quoting carrie_grace:

a valentine keepsake box

ackley4ma
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 9:08 AM

I make all my daughters valentines for her teachers and friends using my scrapbooking stuff. It is always cute. I wish I had pics to show. Last year the card was attached to a red bag filled with heart chocolates and for the teacher I made a note pad to go in the bag. They came out real nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)