Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 4:43 PM

thanks, i am going to make one for my sister in law, she is getting married on saturday....

Junction216
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM

I made this today:

Photobucket 

I bought the little metal mailbox and the scrapbook paper at Target in the Dollar Spot.  I already had the ribbon.  And I put it all together with double sided tape.

PattyinNV
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 6:30 AM

love all the ideas, specialy the lil mailbox.  don't have a valentine to do for anymore.  but i do make lil goody bags for my g-kids, they love em.

dazzlediva
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 6:56 AM

Too cute!  That would be fun for the kids to come by and put Valentines in instead of a shoe box.

Quoting Junction216:

I made this today:

Photobucket 

I bought the little metal mailbox and the scrapbook paper at Target in the Dollar Spot.  I already had the ribbon.  And I put it all together with double sided tape.

EGoyette
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM

That is adorable!  And as a seasoned scrapper (12+ years)... you did a great job!!! 

Quoting Junction216:

I made this today:

Photobucket 

mikazuki
by on Dec. 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Valentine's Day Gift Cones from Martha Stewart.

Tools and Materials
Valentine cone template
Medium-weight paper
Scissors
Double-sided tape
Bone folder
Crepe paper
Lace
White glue
Dresdens
Ribbon

Valentine Gift Cones How-To
1. Download and print Valentine cone template. Use template to trace shape onto medium-weight paper. Cut out shape.

2. Apply double-sided tape along long, straight side. Starting at tip, roll cutout into a cone shape.

3. Use a bone folder to burnish inside along taped edge.

4. With crepe paper, cut out a rectangle that measures 2 inches longer than the circumference of top of cone and about 4 inches shorter than length of cone. Tack one bottom edge of short side of rectangle with double-sided tape and stick short sides together. Line inside edge of cone with double-sided tape. Press crepe paper sleeve into inside of cone.

5. Embellish by gluing lace around top of cone and Dresdens to the front. Tip: Place a thin rubber band over Dresdens to hold in place until glue dries.

6. Fill cone with small gifts.

7. Tie a ribbon around the crepe paper to close.

Resources
The medium-weight paper is from Kate's Paperie. The gold lace trim is from Tinsel Trading. Dresdens are from D. Blumchen. All other materials can be found at any major crafts store.

AriesFire
by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM

This may not quite count as Handmade crafting...BUT

SNOW PAINTING! :)

Valentine's Day 2006 we had snow so I filled a spray bottle with red food coloring and water...and painted hearts all over the snow...

bjarrett
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Quoting AriesFire:

This may not quite count as Handmade crafting...BUT

SNOW PAINTING! :)

Valentine's Day 2006 we had snow so I filled a spray bottle with red food coloring and water...and painted hearts all over the snow...

My 5 yr old daughter will LOVE this!  We colored bath salt this year, and she enjoyed that, wait until I show her this!!!!

Thanks!

Brandi in Missouri

dylansmommybree
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM

For my sons kindergarten class last year we made his Valentines.  I found individual heart shaped molds at the dollar tree and took the paper off all the broken crayons around the house and melted them in the molds for a big multi colored crayon and cut out red paper and put the crayon on it and wrote different sayings on them such as "you color my world" "have a colorful Valentines day" things like that preheat the oven to 250 degrees put them in for approx. 10 to 15 mins till wax is completely melted here are some pics of us doing this last year.

tess-n-co
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Quoting Junction216:

I made this today:

Photobucket 

so so cute!!! i neeeeeeeed that mailbox!

click up there to visit my etsy shop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)