Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
fuzzheaddez
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I love this idea... hope you don't mind that I'm STEALING it! lol

Thanks! :)

Quoting KristinaO129:

Oh Goodness - haven't even gotten my Christmas stuff packed away and it's already time to move on to the next holiday... well I did have an idea that I could use some help with as well... The gift is  for my hubby and I wanted to have it done for Christmas but had a hard time completing it so it's on hold for Valentine's. (Or our anniversary is coming up too.) The idea is to tell him I love him 365 days of the year by having a jar with 365 slips of paper, each containing a little note about something I love about him, a loving little quote or a short little romantic poem. The idea is for him to pick out 1 slip of paper each day for a year.

I was able to get about half of the quotes/poems I need, I did an internet search for love/romantic quotes & poems & I've taken what I could from there, I'm now on to copying verses from greeting cards to add to the mix, but if anyone has other ideas or resources for a lot of sweet, romantic short verses, I'd love to hear your ideas. I've also taken a verse or two from our favorite romantic songs. I originally thought I'd like to do this for him every year but didn't relize how hard it would be to find that many quotes & poems. Can't wait to hear all of your ideas too!

Ahhh, love is in the air already, I love it!

bear with heart

indybrown
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Love the idea of the pink tree!...now I have to go hit the clearance sales and see if I can't find one!

MelindaD
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 8:31 PM

We got a red one on clearance. I found a cute valentines ribbon and bought three rolls and weaved it through the tree. We'll make some hearts too. Oh and picked up packs of pink and red paper doiles from dollar store. They come in all different sizes and have a ton in one pack. We started taping them to windows today.

Quoting Mindy82671:

With all the great after Xmas sales we bought a 4 foot pink tree to decorate with hearts for Valentines Day-my kids can't wait!

KRISSH
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM

WHAT I DO IS GET ALL THE KIDS N MY LIFE LU GIFT AND WRITE EM A LU NOTE .. KEEP THE NOTES AND WILL GIVE EM WEN THAY GROW UP.  MAKE BANNERS,GET BOLLONS . MAKE THE HOUSE LOOK LIKE A PARTY..

I TRY GET A LOT OF BLOONES AND PUT EM IN THAR ROOM . SO WEN THAY WAKE UP THAY WILL SEE.

I HAVE THE KIDS ALL TELL HOW MUCH THAY LOVE AND WHAT THAY LOVE ABOUT THAR FAM MEMBERS.

WE HAVE A SPECAL DINNER AND KIDS MAKE VALENTINES CARD FOR FAM.

MY KIDS MAKE THAR DAD,GRANDPARNTS SPECAL LU GIFTS.        holding balloons

tinafaye
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 12:22 AM

For my kids the night before when they go to bed I decorate the kitchen with tons of hearts and valentine decoration then when the wake up to come eat breakfast and see all the decoration. I also put a present for them at the kitchen table. When they see they have a special treat sitting where they sit at the table they get so excited. for breakfast I make pancakes in heart shape and i shape the sausage in heart too. my boys love this!

momofmy2boys
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Im coming to your house!

Quoting tinafaye:

For my kids the night before when they go to bed I decorate the kitchen with tons of hearts and valentine decoration then when the wake up to come eat breakfast and see all the decoration. I also put a present for them at the kitchen table. When they see they have a special treat sitting where they sit at the table they get so excited. for breakfast I make pancakes in heart shape and i shape the sausage in heart too. my boys love this!

LucindasMama
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I believe that the exact box is made by Kolo - I have one; it's the Havana box.  They're not cheap, but you can shop around online and maybe find it on clearance.  www.kolo.com

Quoting aidensmomma508:

what kind of box is that? cardboard? wood? i don't know?  what do they mean, double up the doilies? is that just putting one on top of another? sorry i just wondered?

3are_a_blessing
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I love to do uncomplicated crafts with my preschoolers.  Somehow I find that Holidays + Kids = Inspiration!  And if I ever can't come up with something, I'll just keep poking around online to find interesting projects!

Here's my most recent super simple idea:

I think we'll call it a paper "love chain" and use it for decorating and/or necklaces.

Soon I will be adding several of my Valentine's Day ideas to the pages in my signature links below.  

Ideas are always popping into my head.  They range from craft ideas to recipes to the plight of the modern woman.  Some I write about for others to read, while others I keep to myself.  Anyone who thinks moms don't use their brains is absolutely wrong!

purplewings414
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I did these same ones for my girls....they love them

Quoting dylansmommybree:

For my sons kindergarten class last year we made his Valentines.  I found individual heart shaped molds at the dollar tree and took the paper off all the broken crayons around the house and melted them in the molds for a big multi colored crayon and cut out red paper and put the crayon on it and wrote different sayings on them such as "you color my world" "have a colorful Valentines day" things like that preheat the oven to 250 degrees put them in for approx. 10 to 15 mins till wax is completely melted here are some pics of us doing this last year.

ghirardellichic
by on Jan. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Love Notes / Messages on Red, Pink, and White Paper in a jar (I'm decorating a Ragu jar)

Heart Garland

Heart Bookmark

expecting girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)