Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
dawnyz
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I love this and i would add little love litters to each person on the chain so perfect for a family thank you for sharing

KristinaO129
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I just found these ideas & thought they were too cute, so I had to share. I will definitely be making some of these.

Mommy2Ylize
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:08 AM

OMG!!! I LOVE THESE!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE??

Quoting KristinaO129:

I just found these ideas & thought they were too cute, so I had to share. I will definitely be making some of these.

KristinaO129
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Aren't they cute?!?! I found the ideas at the Better Homes & Gardens website:

LOVE Votive Wrap is found here:

http://www.bhg.com/holidays/valentines-day/cards/love-cards/

Paper Heart Candle Wreath is found here:

http://www.bhg.com/holidays/valentines-day/decorating/heart-candle-wreath/

1moretike4me
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Quoting Mommy2Ylize:

OMG!!! I LOVE THESE!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE??

Quoting KristinaO129:

These are really pretty!

3are_a_blessing
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Wow.  Such beautiful ideas!  We've been trying some of our own ideas out ahead of time too.  Here's one example:

My daughter wanted to keep making more ice sculptures after this one was done. More of our simple projects are displayed in a Valentine's Day craft slideshow I put together.

DeclansMom300
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Hi, I have not posted anything I have made yet cuz I am kind of shy and not so sure of myself.  I do Love to Craft and I am happiest when my hands are busy.  I guess this is my breaking out of my shell post.  These are things that I have made this last week for Valentines Day.  Some of the ideas I got from this group and some are my own.  Let me know what you all think.

Lissa

These are some glitter hearts I made to hang from my dining room chandaleir.

These are some bath salts I made for gifts.  The jars are votives for candles , I took some cork and made some stoppers, and glued the spanish moss and flowers to the top.  I think they turned out kind of cute.

These are some suncatchers I made out of transparent pony beads.

Thanks to the Mom who posted this idea.  I LOVE THEM.  I did them in the soft pink too but I like the red better.  The glow is so pretty.  I added some ribbon and heart embelishments to them.

Just a fun wall hanging made out of foam and ribbon.

Some fun Foam hearts I made.  My 6 year old Loves them. 

Some Garland I made for the fireplace.

Some coasters I made out of cork board and pony beads and glitter.

shnookum
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM

OMG those are so great!!  How did you make the coasters.  I would love to make some myself. And I am stealing the foam hearts idea too. wink mini

DeclansMom300
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I used sheets of cork board that I just cut and then I hot glued the pony beads in the patterns I wanted.  Then I filled the holes of the pony beads with 3-D glitter glue.  They were fun to make.

KristinaO129
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 8:08 AM

To DeclansMom - No reason you should be shy about sharing here! Everyone here is at all different skill levels & you had some great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing & we'd love to see more whenever you have more great ideas! I also wanted to share hopefully a helpful tip from experience I've had when I made something similar to your bath salt jars... I hope you made the tops easy enough to remove without destoying the pretty work you did to the tops. I did something similar in the past with seashells but the cork tops were a little difficult to pry open without destroying what I'd done. Just a thought to keep in mind. Also, your very welcome for the idea of the L-O-V-E votives, I thought they were adorable as well... I haven't made mine yet but I will be soon. I was just wondering how you cut out your letters, & how easy/difficult it was? Did you use an exacto knife? However you did it, they turned out great & so did everything else. I also especially liked your glittering hearts from the chandelier idea. (If only I had a chandelier) maybe I could hang some from around my window or ???

Keep the ideas coming! I love it, love it, love it!

Hugs to all!

Kristina

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN