Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (51-60):
DeclansMom300
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Hi Kristina,

Yes I did use an exacto knife on the letters.  It was fairly easy to do. Just a little time consuming.  Hint; If you want to spell the word Love then just print one pattern out, cut the letters out to use as stencils.  I just printed them out so when I put them together the sides said fold lines.  That is why I decided to put some ribbon on and then came the heart embellishment ideas.   I decided I like these so much that I am going to make some neon pink ones for my young adult daughters and slip in their Valentines.  I appreciate the feedback on the cork tops.  I did have an issue with the first one I did, so I just made them a little smaller.  So the seal is not great, but at least you can open it. (LOL)  I am looking for a place to buy some pretty bottles or jars with a flat lid that I could top off with something pretty.  I Love your idea with the shells. I was thinking mason jar with a screw top lid, but that is what a lot of folks do and I wanted to be somewhat individual.  I like to add my own twist to things.

Just want to Add,

I LOVE THIS GROUP!

Quoting KristinaO129:

To DeclansMom - No reason you should be shy about sharing here! Everyone here is at all different skill levels & you had some great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing & we'd love to see more whenever you have more great ideas! I also wanted to share hopefully a helpful tip from experience I've had when I made something similar to your bath salt jars... I hope you made the tops easy enough to remove without destoying the pretty work you did to the tops. I did something similar in the past with seashells but the cork tops were a little difficult to pry open without destroying what I'd done. Just a thought to keep in mind. Also, your very welcome for the idea of the L-O-V-E votives, I thought they were adorable as well... I haven't made mine yet but I will be soon. I was just wondering how you cut out your letters, & how easy/difficult it was? Did you use an exacto knife? However you did it, they turned out great & so did everything else. I also especially liked your glittering hearts from the chandelier idea. (If only I had a chandelier) maybe I could hang some from around my window or ???

Keep the ideas coming! I love it, love it, love it!

Hugs to all!

Kristina

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I'm back again with a bunch more Valentine craft ideas... since there's quite a few, I am adding each in seperate posts. I'm lovin all these great ideas from everyone!!!

This is just a simple wreath I made by wrapping 2 in. ribbon around & around a heart form. Added some extra ribbon & pearls & made the little angel girl just by adding some feathers to a wood heart for wings, painted the face on a wood circle, added a little doll hair, some ribbon flowers & viola!

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM

This is another simple project I did. It's just scrapbook paper decoupaged onto chipboard shapes, although you could cut out cardboard or posterboard just as well if you can't find the chipboard shapes.

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM

My son's teachers will be getting something similar to these sweet little angel bears.

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Another fairly easy idea, just painting simple designs on glass with glass paint. I'm thinking of putting a romantic picnic basket together with these glasses & all the fixings. Picnic in the livingroom after the kids go to bed???

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Heart pillows. Ooh-la-la!

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM

This was a premade item I found that I thought was really cute, but it's also easy enough to create with the wood block letters found in most craft stores or even Walmart's craft section, just decoupage with scrapbook paper & embelish as desired.

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:12 PM

The Tree of Love

(Sorry the picture quality is not to great -- it's a copy of a copy).

But I thought the idea to go with it was great & I'm taking the idea... just create paper hearts to hang on a topiary tree or I read about several of you getting ahold of a pink "Christmas" tree for Valentines -- anyway, the idea is to have your family members write on each of the hearts something like, "I love Daddy because... (fill in the blank)" or "You're the best mom because... (fill in the blank)" Any loving little sentiments you or your family want to add. Tie each heart with a colorful ribbon & attach to the tree.

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Just another cute idea I swiped from a premade item that I thought would be easy enough to recreate. Even if you can't come up with a wooden bear like what is shown, you could always add a little plush bear.

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:18 PM

How cute are these? And easy too!!! If you haven't already figured it out, those are chocolate bars. ; ) YUM!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)