Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (61-70):
KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Another cute & simple idea, great to do with the kids, it's just a couple layers of felt. Embelish as you wish.

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Okay, this is my last post (at least for now!) I just thought these were really cute. Now it's time for me to get crafting some more!

momiilu
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM

My kids made valentines for my grandma last weekend :)  The two younger kids (6 and lmost 4) traced out hands and feet and glued them to a large heart body, my son made his into a frame :)

aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I made Valentine Bags for gifts... I put the directions on my profile page journal...

maggie13
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Quoting KristinaO129:

My son's teachers will be getting something similar to these sweet little angel bears.

I want these precious little bears. I love angels and bears. Lucky teacher!

aidensmommy0727
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I thought this was a cute idea!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4592857_valentines-day-survival-kit.html

~Angelica

Loving Wife to Nathan & Proud Mommy to Aiden & Lyla

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Just thought I'd send in the updated picture of the Angel Bears I made -- the previous pictures were my inspiration & this is my final product. I made them for my son's preschool teachers, I will also add a little bag of Hershey's hugs & kisses so they will be getting "Bear Hugs & Kisses". I consider each one of my son's teachers to be an angel, so I had to do this project & my son is known for giving great big bear hugs! That's what gave me the idea.

I found the bears at Michael's but added the rosy cheeks, paws & ears myself with a bit of my own blush. I also swaped the ribbon bow that came attached with coordinating ribbon. I cut wing shapes from white craft foam & glued the feathers on. I stitched the center to make it fold back slightly, then stitched to the bear back, using fishing line to give it a strong hold that is virtually invisible. And the little wreath "halo's" were hand done using little silk rosebuds & dried florals hot glued onto wire shaped in a circle, then wrapped string pearls around & in a bow for the back.    

mommanesh
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM

These are so adorable.  Approximately, how much did it cost you to make these?

Quoting KristinaO129:

Just thought I'd send in the updated picture of the Angel Bears I made -- the previous pictures were my inspiration & this is my final product. I made them for my son's preschool teachers, I will also add a little bag of Hershey's hugs & kisses so they will be getting "Bear Hugs & Kisses". I consider each one of my son's teachers to be an angel, so I had to do this project & my son is known for giving great big bear hugs! That's what gave me the idea.

I found the bears at Michael's but added the rosy cheeks, paws & ears myself with a bit of my own blush. I also swaped the ribbon bow that came attached with coordinating ribbon. I cut wing shapes from white craft foam & glued the feathers on. I stitched the center to make it fold back slightly, then stitched to the bear back, using fishing line to give it a strong hold that is virtually invisible. And the little wreath "halo's" were hand done using little silk rosebuds & dried florals hot glued onto wire shaped in a circle, then wrapped string pearls around & in a bow for the back.    

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 10:28 AM

To answer Mommanesh's question about the cost of the bears... for each person, it could be different based upon what you have available in stores near you & what you have in your own supply stash. For me, I found the bears at Michaels at $2.99 each (on sale marked down from $3.99), I also bought a couple sheets of craft foam at .99 each to make the wings from for all the bears & I bought a couple rolls of ribbon (on sale for $1.99) which did all the bears, plus some leftover. Everything else, the feathers, the floral stuff for the wreaths, etc., all came from my supply stash. Of course I also had to go purchase Hershey's Hugs & Kisses & some cute bags to put everything in (bags from the dollar store), so all in all, they were about or under $5 each for me, but like I said, it can totally vary from person to person. 

Just when I thought I was doing so well having everything done early, I found out they added a new T.A., so I went out to buy another bear (thankfully they had 1 last one left, yea!) & now I am in the process of finishing up one last one, thankful there was still enough stuff left over. I'm also still working on the bear cards to go with them & the kids will have their bears & treats given in brown paper bags, cut & decorated like bears too! Okay, enough with the bears, I can "bearly" stand it! ; )     

bear with heart

maggie13
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Quoting KristinaO129:

To answer Mommanesh's question about the cost of the bears... for each person, it could be different based upon what you have available in stores near you & what you have in your own supply stash. For me, I found the bears at Michaels at $2.99 each (on sale marked down from $3.99), I also bought a couple sheets of craft foam at .99 each to make the wings from for all the bears & I bought a couple rolls of ribbon (on sale for $1.99) which did all the bears, plus some leftover. Everything else, the feathers, the floral stuff for the wreaths, etc., all came from my supply stash. Of course I also had to go purchase Hershey's Hugs & Kisses & some cute bags to put everything in (bags from the dollar store), so all in all, they were about or under $5 each for me, but like I said, it can totally vary from person to person. 

Just when I thought I was doing so well having everything done early, I found out they added a new T.A., so I went out to buy another bear (thankfully they had 1 last one left, yea!) & now I am in the process of finishing up one last one, thankful there was still enough stuff left over. I'm also still working on the bear cards to go with them & the kids will have their bears & treats given in brown paper bags, cut & decorated like bears too! Okay, enough with the bears, I can "bearly" stand it! ; )     

bear with heart

that is so cool. I love the ones you did. I might not get these made this year but I will go Sunday to get things to make them for next year.

What size are the bears?

Thank you for sharing this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN