Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (71-80):
Ltmanmom
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I made this for a decoration around the house, tulips have been sale lately since they are in season.

for how to link

alashly
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM

This is a gift bag I made for my husband I also made a matching card and BIG candy bar! I'm still not sure what else I'm going to put in it, but I'm part way there right?

Hugs, Amylynn

Coincidence is when God chooses to stay anonymous!

HalfaMillers
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Here is a pic of the valentine my three year old made yesterday. 

cuppa-java
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM

What a great idea....I think I will do this with my Daycare kids.

Quoting dylansmommybree:

For my sons kindergarten class last year we made his Valentines.  I found individual heart shaped molds at the dollar tree and took the paper off all the broken crayons around the house and melted them in the molds for a big multi colored crayon and cut out red paper and put the crayon on it and wrote different sayings on them such as "you color my world" "have a colorful Valentines day" things like that preheat the oven to 250 degrees put them in for approx. 10 to 15 mins till wax is completely melted here are some pics of us doing this last year.

SgtWife0502
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Quoting carrie_grace:

here's a great idea... i think i will be making this one for my hubby... it is a message in a bottle

This is beautiful ! I may have to use this idea for my hubby :)

Proud Mommy of 2 with 1 Angel Baby in Heaven. Proud Army Wife !

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM

(In answer to Maggie13's question about the angel bears, they are about 10 in. sitting.)

Just sharing the bear cards & gift bags I made to put the bears & bags of teddy grahams in for my son's preschool classmates. I just cut the top of brown lunch bags into the ear shape & added a little scrapbook paper & drew on the faces.

We made all the cards into bears too. I helped my son write out the message for the center of the heart, just 1 for the teachers & 1 for the students  (he wouldn't last to do any more writing than that) then just photocopied the original & cut them out. I had him help me glue all the pieces together. 

Have a "beary" great Valentines everyone!!!

momiilu
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Those are adorable!!

Quoting KristinaO129:

(In answer to Maggie13's question about the angel bears, they are about 10 in. sitting.)

Just sharing the bear cards & gift bags I made to put the bears & bags of teddy grahams in for my son's preschool classmates. I just cut the top of brown lunch bags into the ear shape & added a little scrapbook paper & drew on the faces.

We made all the cards into bears too. I helped my son write out the message for the center of the heart, just 1 for the teachers & 1 for the students  (he wouldn't last to do any more writing than that) then just photocopied the original & cut them out. I had him help me glue all the pieces together. 

Have a "beary" great Valentines everyone!!!

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM

What a cute idea !

How about some verses from love songs ?

Dee

happy valentine

Quoting KristinaO129:

Oh Goodness - haven't even gotten my Christmas stuff packed away and it's already time to move on to the next holiday... well I did have an idea that I could use some help with as well... The gift is  for my hubby and I wanted to have it done for Christmas but had a hard time completing it so it's on hold for Valentine's. (Or our anniversary is coming up too.) The idea is to tell him I love him 365 days of the year by having a jar with 365 slips of paper, each containing a little note about something I love about him, a loving little quote or a short little romantic poem. The idea is for him to pick out 1 slip of paper each day for a year.

I was able to get about half of the quotes/poems I need, I did an internet search for love/romantic quotes & poems & I've taken what I could from there, I'm now on to copying verses from greeting cards to add to the mix, but if anyone has other ideas or resources for a lot of sweet, romantic short verses, I'd love to hear your ideas. I've also taken a verse or two from our favorite romantic songs. I originally thought I'd like to do this for him every year but didn't relize how hard it would be to find that many quotes & poems. Can't wait to hear all of your ideas too!

Ahhh, love is in the air already, I love it!

bear with heart

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Very cute !

Dee

happy valentine

Quoting Junction216:

I made this today:

Photobucket 

I bought the little metal mailbox and the scrapbook paper at Target in the Dollar Spot.  I already had the ribbon.  And I put it all together with double sided tape.

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 8:52 AM

What a cute idea and I'll bet the kids had a great time doing them!

Dee

happy valentine

Quoting dylansmommybree:

For my sons kindergarten class last year we made his Valentines.  I found individual heart shaped molds at the dollar tree and took the paper off all the broken crayons around the house and melted them in the molds for a big multi colored crayon and cut out red paper and put the crayon on it and wrote different sayings on them such as "you color my world" "have a colorful Valentines day" things like that preheat the oven to 250 degrees put them in for approx. 10 to 15 mins till wax is completely melted here are some pics of us doing this last year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN