Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I KNOW CHRISTMAS JUST ENDED BUT ANY ONE HAVE ANY VALENTINE IDEAS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS ?

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Replies (81-90):
Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Awesome ideas, Thanks for sharing !

Dee

bear with heart

Quoting 3are_a_blessing:

Wow.  Such beautiful ideas!  We've been trying some of our own ideas out ahead of time too.  Here's one example:

My daughter wanted to keep making more ice sculptures after this one was done. More of our simple projects are displayed in a Valentine's Day craft slideshow I put together.

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:03 AM

They are all so cute, I really like the foam hearts !

Dee

surprised   happy valentine

Quoting DeclansMom300:

Hi, I have not posted anything I have made yet cuz I am kind of shy and not so sure of myself.  I do Love to Craft and I am happiest when my hands are busy.  I guess this is my breaking out of my shell post.  These are things that I have made this last week for Valentines Day.  Some of the ideas I got from this group and some are my own.  Let me know what you all think.

Lissa

These are some glitter hearts I made to hang from my dining room chandaleir.

These are some bath salts I made for gifts.  The jars are votives for candles , I took some cork and made some stoppers, and glued the spanish moss and flowers to the top.  I think they turned out kind of cute.

These are some suncatchers I made out of transparent pony beads.

Thanks to the Mom who posted this idea.  I LOVE THEM.  I did them in the soft pink too but I like the red better.  The glow is so pretty.  I added some ribbon and heart embelishments to them.

Just a fun wall hanging made out of foam and ribbon.

Some fun Foam hearts I made.  My 6 year old Loves them. 

Some Garland I made for the fireplace.

Some coasters I made out of cork board and pony beads and glitter.

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Wow, You must have been very busy !  Awesome items, thanks for sharing.

Dee

thank you            happy valentine

Quoting KristinaO129:

Okay, this is my last post (at least for now!) I just thought these were really cute. Now it's time for me to get crafting some more!

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Oh, how adorable, I just love them!!!

My favorite type of gifts are the homemade.

Dee

giving mom gift    having chocolate

Quoting momiilu:

My kids made valentines for my grandma last weekend :)  The two younger kids (6 and lmost 4) traced out hands and feet and glued them to a large heart body, my son made his into a frame :)

Dee1959
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I don't want to leave anyone out, you all have such great ideas and are so talented. Thanks for sharing !

Dee

happy valentine   bunch of roses   having chocolate   bear with heart

Mommyocooltwins
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Thank you to all who posted ideas!

I am new to the group and LOVE making home made things...

the boys and I have the mixed up old crayons in the oven to make the crayon shapes (we used a muffin tin, couldn't find  a heart shaped anything in the kitchen)

we are also going to do the big foam hearts around the door way someone posted and are also going to make the heart shaped body with picture frame inside, for the grammy's...

thanks for helping me fill our Saturday with fun!

Later on, I'll take the boys with their little remote control four wheeler thingy's to the school yard so we can drive those around.

the sun is shining and we are LOVING our Valentine's weekend.

Thanks for hte awesome ideas and Happy Valentine's day!

- Teresa

happy valentineholding balloons

NiekaC
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM

oh wow thats sooo cool

Quoting dylansmommybree:

For my sons kindergarten class last year we made his Valentines.  I found individual heart shaped molds at the dollar tree and took the paper off all the broken crayons around the house and melted them in the molds for a big multi colored crayon and cut out red paper and put the crayon on it and wrote different sayings on them such as "you color my world" "have a colorful Valentines day" things like that preheat the oven to 250 degrees put them in for approx. 10 to 15 mins till wax is completely melted here are some pics of us doing this last year.

hrt_0928
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I love the crayon idea! I think I will make some for our Valentine playdate. Thank you

RebelRose69
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I very much agree with this. I would love to know how you did the wooden hearts with the sting? did you tape it on or drill small holes & put the string through there? I also used to do the pony beads years ago, & still have some left, but have not delt with them in yrs now, lol. Keep up the great work.

Quoting KristinaO129:

To DeclansMom - No reason you should be shy about sharing here! Everyone here is at all different skill levels & you had some great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing & we'd love to see more whenever you have more great ideas! I also wanted to share hopefully a helpful tip from experience I've had when I made something similar to your bath salt jars... I hope you made the tops easy enough to remove without destoying the pretty work you did to the tops. I did something similar in the past with seashells but the cork tops were a little difficult to pry open without destroying what I'd done. Just a thought to keep in mind. Also, your very welcome for the idea of the L-O-V-E votives, I thought they were adorable as well... I haven't made mine yet but I will be soon. I was just wondering how you cut out your letters, & how easy/difficult it was? Did you use an exacto knife? However you did it, they turned out great & so did everything else. I also especially liked your glittering hearts from the chandelier idea. (If only I had a chandelier) maybe I could hang some from around my window or ???

Keep the ideas coming! I love it, love it, love it!

Hugs to all!

Kristina

kids1derful
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Here is a valentine day blanket I made today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)