Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your baby shower gift ideas here...mobiles, diaper cakes, and more!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The birth of a baby is a year round celebration.  Showers are a great opporitunity to give handmade gifts from the heart.  I think nothing makes a better gift than a beautiful handmade keepsake.

Here are a few ideas I like, please add your ideas, instuctionals, or tutorials for handmade baby shower gifts here!

Mobiles are a favorite gift of mine to make for baby-to-be's nursery.  Here are a few different kinds and links to their instructions.

polka dot mobile

ribbon mobile

felt bird mobile

Another popular shower gift idea is the ever popular diaper cake...

Here is an instructional video about making your own diaper cake...

Another gift i have made in the past are hand painted or decoupaged wooden name letters... like these:

They sell these types of wooden letters and many other styles at most craft stores,  They are reasonably priced and very easy to decorate to match the decor of any nursery!

I look forward to seeing you ideas for baby shower gifts!!! Please post your ideas and pictures here!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Replies (71-79):
Farfromlifeless
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I made this diaper cake for my first baby shower (also my first diaper cake) i wanted people to be able to stick money to it (more less like a diaper tree instead) i had lil pins and a note the read "Diaper backwards says repaid..Think about it" as well as a one that said "Diaper Fund"  It worked out great and i think i may do it again....or something like it...Diaper funds are a great way for people to drop a few bucks for all those diapers you'll be buying for the next few years!!

caleighsmom84
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Blinkies Half my heart is in Iraq

COTwinMom
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:11 AM

For my sister's shower I put together a scrapbook of her sonogram and pregnancy photos (she was taking photos of herself every 4 weeks or so).  It was the last gift she opened at her shower, and she cried as she went through it!

proverbs2410
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Your diaper cake ROCKS!!!

Quoting staceykt22:

Here's the diaper cake I made for a friend a while back.

diaper cake for Skylar by you.

Burp cloths are also really cute and easy to make.

I've also made boppy slipcovers...

Loving My Life...
Daughter Of Christ, Beautiful Wife,
Mommy of My Lil' Guy!  I'm Super Blessed!!! :-P  

proverbs2410
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM

You are sooooo talented!  This is absolutely beautiful!

Quoting KristinaO129:

This is a canvas bag I painted as part of a baby shower gift for a friend who is having a baby boy soon & has a jungle themed room.

Loving My Life...
Daughter Of Christ, Beautiful Wife,
Mommy of My Lil' Guy!  I'm Super Blessed!!! :-P  

san3
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Sorry I don't have any pics. When my niece had her little girl I made a diaper cake to go on the gift table. Her house was tiny so she was really limited on space. I rolled each diaper ightly and tied it with a pink ribbon instead of useing tape to hold them. Then stacked and wrapped the whole layer with a large ribbon (you couldn't see the small ribbons holding them on. Then when she  took them apart she had the diapers rolled and she could just stack them until she was ready to use them. She used the bottom of the crib to hold a few rows of diapers when seh was newborn (they have so much room in the crib when they are that tiny). Then when she got a bigger place she put them in the changing table and they looked really cute.

negr55
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I made everything...I ,made teh Diaper cake.The basket,The clothes lien with clothes.I had lots of cute centerpieces an dI even made all the pins that everyone wears.I also made her mum.

zazz
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Baby burp cloths made from cloth diapers and ribbon make a great baby shower gift. I have instruction on how to make baby burp cloths on my web site: http://creativezazz.com/how-to-make-designer-baby-burp-cloths-using-ribbon/03/2009/.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)