Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your baby shower gift ideas here...mobiles, diaper cakes, and more!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The birth of a baby is a year round celebration.  Showers are a great opporitunity to give handmade gifts from the heart.  I think nothing makes a better gift than a beautiful handmade keepsake.

Here are a few ideas I like, please add your ideas, instuctionals, or tutorials for handmade baby shower gifts here!

Mobiles are a favorite gift of mine to make for baby-to-be's nursery.  Here are a few different kinds and links to their instructions.

polka dot mobile

ribbon mobile

felt bird mobile

Another popular shower gift idea is the ever popular diaper cake...

Here is an instructional video about making your own diaper cake...

Another gift i have made in the past are hand painted or decoupaged wooden name letters... like these:

They sell these types of wooden letters and many other styles at most craft stores,  They are reasonably priced and very easy to decorate to match the decor of any nursery!

I look forward to seeing you ideas for baby shower gifts!!! Please post your ideas and pictures here!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
Junction216
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Those mobiles are awesome!  ALMOST makes me want to have another baby!  LOL

Here is what I have made and it was super simple...some chipboard tags, coordinating scrapbook paper, chipboard letters, and ribbon:

Shelf sitters:

turn into Brag Books:

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

ooh that blanket tower with recieving blankets sounds great... you could also do burp cloths and onsies... so many posibilities!

Quoting laurenday5:

I love that mobile! I might make that as a faux chandelier! Don't you think that would be neat for a living room??? These are great ideas... I'm shortcutting this.

I like making the cake for a baby shower. I also like giving a blanket tower (rather than diapers)

tinafaye
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I'm due in July. I want that diaper cake! lol

Quoting staceykt22:

Here's the diaper cake I made for a friend a while back.

diaper cake for Skylar by you.

Burp cloths are also really cute and easy to make.

I've also made boppy slipcovers...

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I thought this was really sweet and would make an awesome shower gift!  It is a family tree photo tree... here are the instructions!

blondenak
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I made this rattle in about 3 hours.  Turns out he matches the colors of the invites...

Junction216
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Here is a cute card...perfect for boy or girl!

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

ampinquoch
by on Jan. 15, 2009 at 8:01 AM

This past fall I hosted a Momma's Little Pumpkin themed baby shower. It was alot of fun to create. Here are some pics.

ndnwife
by on Jan. 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM

You little pumpkin baby shower turned your really cute. I am hosting a Mommys LIttle butterfly Garden Baby shower Jan 31 and i have had soo much fun shopping and getting ready for it. I will post pics when i get done.

Haydensmom326
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 8:21 AM

are the letters decopaged? Or are they just painted?

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2009 at 8:27 AM

decoupaged, but you could easily do them with paint!

Quoting Haydensmom326:

are the letters decopaged? Or are they just painted?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)