Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your baby shower gift ideas here...mobiles, diaper cakes, and more!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The birth of a baby is a year round celebration.  Showers are a great opporitunity to give handmade gifts from the heart.  I think nothing makes a better gift than a beautiful handmade keepsake.

Here are a few ideas I like, please add your ideas, instuctionals, or tutorials for handmade baby shower gifts here!

Mobiles are a favorite gift of mine to make for baby-to-be's nursery.  Here are a few different kinds and links to their instructions.

polka dot mobile

ribbon mobile

felt bird mobile

Another popular shower gift idea is the ever popular diaper cake...

Here is an instructional video about making your own diaper cake...

Another gift i have made in the past are hand painted or decoupaged wooden name letters... like these:

They sell these types of wooden letters and many other styles at most craft stores,  They are reasonably priced and very easy to decorate to match the decor of any nursery!

I look forward to seeing you ideas for baby shower gifts!!! Please post your ideas and pictures here!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy2Ylize
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Heres a diaper cake that me and my friends created for another friend! We had a good time making it! lol

2manygirls
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM

i just made this cake for a baby shower

Check out my cakes....iheartcake

mimirosemomy
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Super cute!!! You did an awesome job!

Quoting 2manygirls:

i just made this cake for a baby shower

jennipher23
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM

i didnt make these pins but they look really easy to do

here is the diaper cake that was made for my baby shower

well i cant find the 1 i did

honeyj2
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Here's a diaper cake I made...it was my first one so it was a little small... but cute.

laura72150
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Here is the Diaper wreath I did for my sister in law.That way she can hang it on her hosptial door when she has Karlee! Just wanted to share!

RyEtsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM

That is so cute! How did you put together the wreath?

Quoting laura72150:

Here is the Diaper wreath I did for my sister in law.That way she can hang it on her hosptial door when she has Karlee! Just wanted to share!

GabeNGriffsMomi
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:06 PM

hi im new here  but the owner wanted to copy this post i put in another group n since im crafty  i thought why not  check out the group n stuff lol 

background story - my sister is due May 15th  ( yes we are exactly a month apart in due dates its crazy and def wasnt planned )  it will be her first  and its a boy  ( we both are having boys too btw lol )  my mom and I are throwing her a shower March 14th . and because its springy  then we chose Bright blue, green, and yellow to decorate with . and a chocolate brown to accent with . its gonna be a polka dot/ jungle animal theme.  ne ways  for her gift from me im going to make her a 5 tier diaper cake . any one ever done one /  that looks similar to this ( i copied it from a webpage for reference lol )

well for her centerpeices for the tables  i made small diaper cakes. they too are stuffed w baby supplies and of course she'll get all those diapers too .  I just thought id post some pics and show u ladies  so if you wanna get crafty for your shower or someone elses u can make a USEABLE centerpiece for pretty cheap .  i made 14- 16 centerpieces (2-3 per table)  w/ 3 rolls of dif colored ribbons, a few pins, random toys and baby supplies from the dollar store , 5yards of tulle, some shredded gift stuffing  and some rubber bands. plus a $ 20 box of size 2 diapers( shes gonna get alot of size 1 n newborn at the shower im sure ) .  here are some pics of the ones i made  yesturday-

these are  finished ones - they all have lil toys, pacis, or  baby supplies in em

this is one before i wrapped the tulle around it  it has 3 baby wash cloths in it

its an awesome idea for moms to be . they turn out pretty cute i think and best of all the mom to be can use em!

Due APRIL 17th!

Big Brother Gabe(8-3-07) and Mommy & Daddy  can't wait to meet you !

momof3changos
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I just made my sister-in-law this diaper cake and blanket for her baby shower last weekend! She loved them (along with everyone else!) Oh, I also got these longsleeve plain shirts at Target (clearance) and embellished them with iron ons and rhinestones.

mimirosemomy
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Here is my first try at a diaper cake. My coworkers baby shower is tomorrow. I made a baby sized tutu and the diaper cake is sitting on top of it. I also made some ceter pieces for the tables.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN