Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your baby shower gift ideas here...mobiles, diaper cakes, and more!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The birth of a baby is a year round celebration.  Showers are a great opporitunity to give handmade gifts from the heart.  I think nothing makes a better gift than a beautiful handmade keepsake.

Here are a few ideas I like, please add your ideas, instuctionals, or tutorials for handmade baby shower gifts here!

Mobiles are a favorite gift of mine to make for baby-to-be's nursery.  Here are a few different kinds and links to their instructions.

polka dot mobile

ribbon mobile

felt bird mobile

Another popular shower gift idea is the ever popular diaper cake...

Here is an instructional video about making your own diaper cake...

Another gift i have made in the past are hand painted or decoupaged wooden name letters... like these:

They sell these types of wooden letters and many other styles at most craft stores,  They are reasonably priced and very easy to decorate to match the decor of any nursery!

I look forward to seeing you ideas for baby shower gifts!!! Please post your ideas and pictures here!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
JuAnnW
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM

New here, you all are so creative!  I love the diaper cake with the baby tutu under it!  I've made a couple of diaper cakes, here's my latest (not quite as fancy as all of yours, but good for my sis-in-law)

~Julie~

SgtWife0502
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I made this for a friends baby shower 

Proud Mommy of 2 with 1 Angel Baby in Heaven. Proud Army Wife !

AmberGeesey
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Here's a diaper cake I made for a friends baby shower.  Her shower theme and baby's room were done in these colors with monkeys, so I went along with that.  I stuffed all the goodies inside so that it had a clean look.

Max and Parker's mommy!

"My Son, watching you grow has been the delight of my life. I look at you and wonder what dreams you will dream, what mountains you will climb, what joys you will have. I know there will be tears and struggles as well, but my prayer is that you will grow into the man you are meant to be." Author: unknown

jennipher23
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM

here is the first diaper cake i made forgot to take pic before i put it in car kinda plain but alot of diapers

frostyone77
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I made a butterfly mobile for my duaghters room from teh Creative Keepsakes Magazie. Here are some ideas.

Butterfly Mobile

Stephensmom1214
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM

This is my first diaper wreath.  It is for my SIL.  DS picked out the Elmo...

Patty, Erik, and Stephen 
My Blog

moonsdust
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 6:46 PM

this is awesome I like how you did the diaper wreath...

Quoting Stephensmom1214:

This is my first diaper wreath.  It is for my SIL.  DS picked out the Elmo...

tinacolada
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Ooh I like the pumpkin theme for a baby shower. A friend gave us this hat and I thought it would fit well with the theme if anyone decided to use that idea...

stayathomemomkp
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Ok here's a bunch of pictures of stuff that I make and sell.  Feel free to message me if you would like to order anything.  :O)

One of my "newer" customers wearing her tutu.  :O)

I also make diaper puppies, cupcakes and two peas in a pod.

jamienmunro
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I love your cake you made! It has Gary on it! Too stinkin cute!

Quoting JuAnnW:

New here, you all are so creative!  I love the diaper cake with the baby tutu under it!  I've made a couple of diaper cakes, here's my latest (not quite as fancy as all of yours, but good for my sis-in-law)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)