Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your baby shower gift ideas here...mobiles, diaper cakes, and more!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The birth of a baby is a year round celebration.  Showers are a great opporitunity to give handmade gifts from the heart.  I think nothing makes a better gift than a beautiful handmade keepsake.

Here are a few ideas I like, please add your ideas, instuctionals, or tutorials for handmade baby shower gifts here!

Mobiles are a favorite gift of mine to make for baby-to-be's nursery.  Here are a few different kinds and links to their instructions.

polka dot mobile

ribbon mobile

felt bird mobile

Another popular shower gift idea is the ever popular diaper cake...

Here is an instructional video about making your own diaper cake...

Another gift i have made in the past are hand painted or decoupaged wooden name letters... like these:

They sell these types of wooden letters and many other styles at most craft stores,  They are reasonably priced and very easy to decorate to match the decor of any nursery!

I look forward to seeing you ideas for baby shower gifts!!! Please post your ideas and pictures here!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
AngelRT
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM

That is my neices name and that is how she spells it too! I have not seen another one so that is cool to me! LOL. Nice wreath too. My best friend makes those! I always do care packages!

Quoting laura72150:

Here is the Diaper wreath I did for my sister in law.That way she can hang it on her hosptial door when she has Karlee! Just wanted to share!

branda32
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

photoboard1

http://blissfullydomestic.com/blissful-home/decorating/make-a-fake-french-photo-board/

My best friend gave me one of these when I had my first baby and it was one of my favorite things. It was great for displaying ultrasound photos, doctor's appointments, baby pictures, diaper coupons...whatever I needed or wanted to keep handy. 

I also like to put together a mommy basket to go with the baby gifts.  I throw in things like tylenol, lotion, tums, carbonated water, gourmet crackers, puzzle books, hard candy ...just whatever I find that I think will make her feel special and that I know she can use.

JuAnnW
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Thanks!

Quoting jamienmunro:

I love your cake you made! It has Gary on it! Too stinkin cute!

Quoting JuAnnW:

New here, you all are so creative!  I love the diaper cake with the baby tutu under it!  I've made a couple of diaper cakes, here's my latest (not quite as fancy as all of yours, but good for my sis-in-law)

JuAnnW
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Your stuff is so cute and so creative!!

Quoting stayathomemomkp:

Ok here's a bunch of pictures of stuff that I make and sell.  Feel free to message me if you would like to order anything.  :O)

One of my "newer" customers wearing her tutu.  :O)

I also make diaper puppies, cupcakes and two peas in a pod.

CrazyDaisy123
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I made these as favors for my daughter inlaws shower.  The clay pots are 3" in dia. and 2 1/2" high.  I sponge painted them with pastel colors.  For the babies, I cut approx. 3 x 3 squares from baby print material.  I glued a wooden bead (with hole in top) down a bit from one of the corners.  Then I used 2 med. sized cotton balls for the "body" and wrapped the material around to make it look like a blanket.  I used little bows that were peel and stick on the blankets.  Ziggy penned a couple half circles for eyes and glued a small piece of jute in the hole for the hair.  I glued a couple plastic babies breath around.  The seed packet I got a template offline and personalized it.  This requires cutting out and gluing to form the seed packet.   I filled them with bird seed (about 1 tbsp.) and glued them shut.  They were a big hit with everyone!

CrazyDaisy123
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:11 AM

This is the diaper cake I made for my daughter inlaws shower also.  Inside the diapers I stuck little things - spoons, thermometer, baby clippers, etc.  The cover on the cake plate is a receiving blanket.  Under the booties on the top in the center of the diapers, I rolled up wash cloths.

mommytotaylor
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM

i have made a diaper cake and the wall letters

kinda hard to see in the back ground but i put it on a box on the gift table at the baby shower

and then the letters

mommanesh
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Please, please, please tell us how you make these!  These are so adorable!  It's okay if you want to keep it a secret..but ya know...

Quoting stayathomemomkp:

Ok here's a bunch of pictures of stuff that I make and sell.  Feel free to message me if you would like to order anything.  :O)

One of my "newer" customers wearing her tutu.  :O)

I also make diaper puppies, cupcakes and two peas in a pod.

CoffeeDiva
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I made this for a friend who did not know what she was having. Fresh flower bouquet on top for her and 90 diapers for baby

msunderstood
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM

This is the diaper cake I am making for my daughter--it is still a work in progress, and my first ever attempt at one of these.  Now I want to learn how to make the diaper teddy bear!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)