Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your baby shower gift ideas here...mobiles, diaper cakes, and more!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

The birth of a baby is a year round celebration.  Showers are a great opporitunity to give handmade gifts from the heart.  I think nothing makes a better gift than a beautiful handmade keepsake.

Here are a few ideas I like, please add your ideas, instuctionals, or tutorials for handmade baby shower gifts here!

Mobiles are a favorite gift of mine to make for baby-to-be's nursery.  Here are a few different kinds and links to their instructions.

polka dot mobile

ribbon mobile

felt bird mobile

Another popular shower gift idea is the ever popular diaper cake...

Here is an instructional video about making your own diaper cake...

Another gift i have made in the past are hand painted or decoupaged wooden name letters... like these:

They sell these types of wooden letters and many other styles at most craft stores,  They are reasonably priced and very easy to decorate to match the decor of any nursery!

I look forward to seeing you ideas for baby shower gifts!!! Please post your ideas and pictures here!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Replies (51-60):
MommyJewell
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM

i love these rattles!!!! i hope the link works!!! they are not hard to make. =0)

http://family.go.com/video/how-to-make-baby-rattle-cupcakes-for-a-baby-shower-614877-v/

joyfulmom30
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Here is a picture of a bath caddy gift set I put together.

There is 8 washclothes, two hooded towels, baby lotion and Kid's body wash ( have a company that makes natural-based products that the body wash came from), Q-tips & a standard rubber ducky. The container is a handled caddy.

Another gift I'm making are burp clothes:

I saw this idea in a magazine and added my own twist with raised stickers and colored in circles: It's a baby clothes tag. You glue the tag to a kids clothes hanger.

jimbo80
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I MADE THIS DIAPER BEAR FOR MY COUSIN

angiebangie84
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM

wendyms
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Here are pics of the two diaper cakes I have made so far. They are very different, but I put the same amount of heart into both of them.

witchywoman505
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM

At a baby shower I threw for a friend a few years ago we played the "whats that smell"? game. I bought a really cheap pack of diapers and I think 9 different kinds of baby food. You put  a different kind of baby food in each diaper, number the diapers so you know which one is which, then everyone had to sit in a circle and sniff the dirty diaper, and the one who could guess the most correct smells won. We put everything from carrots to broccoli and cheese, chicken and noodles, whatever you want. it was so much fun and by the time everyone had finished sniffing they were all in tears laughing!

Then, I took all of the empty baby food jars, washed them out, and used them as tealight candle holders!

Ezranight
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I don't have apicture, but Ihad a GREAT idea that I used for my sisters shower.

We did diaper cakes as center pieces.  BUT, instead of them being ALL diapers, I put a tall glass vase in the center, just short enough that you couldn't see the top, but tall enough, that the diapers were even at the top.  Then we had a local florist make small arrangements in them, and put them on the tables.  It looked like the flowers were sitting on top of the cakes.  And we used the vase and flowers as door prizes, and mom-to-be got all the diapers, and toys that were on them.  GREAT way to make sure someone at EACH table got a door prize, and mom-to-be didn't have to take home a bunch of stuff she'd never use...and it was part of my gift to her, so I had some extra work to do (rolling 6 boxes of diapers), but SHE gets to unroll them all, lol...they were SUPER cute, if I ever get the pics fom her, I'll post them...it also saved on diapers, because the vase took up about 6 diapers worth of space :)

Icon_Quote__JTHM_Nothing_Wrong_by_s.jpg found on deviantart. image by MethylParathion

sandra1023
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Quoting MommyJewell:

i love these rattles!!!! i hope the link works!!! they are not hard to make. =0)

http://family.go.com/video/how-to-make-baby-rattle-cupcakes-for-a-baby-shower-614877-v/

The linked worked, but it wasnt showing the video, you could just hear what they were saying.  There is a Disney logo on the screen the whole time.  :(

~Sandra

wow.png picture by starsgraphix

RyEtsmom
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 6:12 PM

This is too cute! How did you make it?

Quoting jimbo80:

I MADE THIS DIAPER BEAR FOR MY COUSIN

*~ Sonya ~*

KristinaO129
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM

This is a canvas bag I painted as part of a baby shower gift for a friend who is having a baby boy soon & has a jungle themed room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)