Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Valentine ideas for classmates & teachers

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 9:45 AM
  • 36 Replies
  • 5012 Total Views

Hello all you creatively brilliant mom's!

I'm looking for Valentine ideas to do for my son's classmates & teachers. My youngest son is in a class with only 5 other preschoolers & 4 teachers, so since there's not a huge amount to do, I'd like to do something a little nicer than the ordinary valentine card from the box. I also have an older son (9) in a very small classroom as well that I'd like to do something for so I'm looking for ideas for varying ages. I'm sure many of you will have some terrific ideas, can't wait to read/see them! Thanks!!! Kristina

having chocolate

by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookingfor5
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 3:50 AM

I don't know how good you are with a camera, but I saw an adorable Christmas Card that would work for Valentine's Day.  Your child stands in front of you with his arm out in front with a fist.  You focus your camera on the fist if you can.  Then when you develop the pic you cut a small slit above and below the fist.  Insert a sucker and it looks like they are handing you the sucker.

Other ideas are airplanes made out of smarties, life savers, stick of gum, and rubberband.

These are just simple ideas I thought I'd pass along.

Mrsblitz
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I always check Targets $1 bins. I find the cutest things there for every holiday.

quietside
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Check out FamilyFun.com: http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/minisite/valentines-main-ms/ 

"If we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time." - Edith Wharton
sararsara
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/phprint.php

"A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother." -- Mark Twain

rainbowkisses
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM

You could make these for your little ones class mates... They are made of broken crayons and I put them in silicone heart muffin cups and heated them in a oven at 250 for about 10 mins...let them cool and pill them out:)

IMG_0867r by you.

jorandymom
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Thats a really cute idea!  I might have to try it and see how it turns out!

Quoting cookingfor5:

I don't know how good you are with a camera, but I saw an adorable Christmas Card that would work for Valentine's Day.  Your child stands in front of you with his arm out in front with a fist.  You focus your camera on the fist if you can.  Then when you develop the pic you cut a small slit above and below the fist.  Insert a sucker and it looks like they are handing you the sucker.

Other ideas are airplanes made out of smarties, life savers, stick of gum, and rubberband.

These are just simple ideas I thought I'd pass along.

Ltmanmom
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 1:40 PM

My son and I made these.

What you will need:

- 2 paper plates

- colored paper

- ribbon

- stapler

- glitter

- markers or crayons

- hole punch

- Fold the paper plates in half and flatten them. Put one inside of the other and staple them together. Trim the top of the paper plates to look like hearts. Punch holes in the sides and string with ribbon. You can decorate them however you like. We used card stock paper, markers, glitter and doilies. I found the doilies at the dollar store. Fill them with treats or they could be used to hold valentines as well.

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM

great for teachers...

heart shaped tea bags

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)