Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a teacher and a poor one at that.  So this is what I made for my fellow collegues and for my daughter's teachers (and myself, this is mine) this year. 

I'm sure you all have seen them, probaby made them yourselves.  They are pens with flowers on the ends.  I thought they were cute and practical so I thought I'd share.  What do ya'll give your kids' teachers?

by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Junction216
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Quoting Wyndi:

I used to give the teachers perennial flowersin the spring, that way they can enjoy them for years to come. for Christmas I always gave them fudge. For teachers appreciation day, a gift certificate to bath and body works (they need to pamper themselves at the end of a long day).

Be careful giving gift cards.  I have received stuff from Bath & Body Works and I always have to give it to my sister because it breaks me out.  Don't know what they put in it, but I can't use it.  Maybe a mall GC would be a better choice or Wal-Mart :)

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

lizaye
by on Jan. 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Quoting justgrape723:

this year my son has a male teacher so for Christmas I made him a corn sack and got him a gift card for Dunkin donuts (I know he has to drive past one to get to school)

I did make him a welcome to the new school year box this year I filled it with red, blue, & black pens extra bottles of glue and boxes of crayons. copy paper, staples, hand sanitizer , paper clips, thumb tacks, 5 boxes of Kleenex, Clorox wipes,  and a whole bunch of other classroom supplies

I totally want your kid in MY class so I can get a welcome to the new school year goodie box!!  That is a very thoughtful, wonderful gift!!

justgrape723
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Quoting lizaye:

Quoting justgrape723:

this year my son has a male teacher so for Christmas I made him a corn sack and got him a gift card for Dunkin donuts (I know he has to drive past one to get to school)

I did make him a welcome to the new school year box this year I filled it with red, blue, & black pens extra bottles of glue and boxes of crayons. copy paper, staples, hand sanitizer , paper clips, thumb tacks, 5 boxes of Kleenex, Clorox wipes,  and a whole bunch of other classroom supplies

I totally want your kid in MY class so I can get a welcome to the new school year goodie box!!  That is a very thoughtful, wonderful gift!!

LOL   I did it with my oldest child until he was in 5th grade (after that they change classrooms) And he is now in college. So it has become a sort of tradition. Some years it is more, some it is less, depends on my budget. But no matter what I send in the teachers are always grateful. And that means less $$$ come out of their wallets.

Starting in the beginning of summer I start really looking and shopping for bargains and deals but I really shop for the teachers year round. And I always tell the teachers if there is something you can't use please feel free to pass it on to another teacher who can use it !!  I send in the extra student supplies like glues and crayons etc just in case there is a child or two in the class whose parents cannot afford supplies. Plus it doesn't hurt to have extra on hand just in case.......

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2009 at 8:00 AM

i thought these were cute.

CreativeMummy
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Lovin' all the ideas ladies - Thank you!!!

This is what I want to do this Valentines Day for my pre-schooler - a poster in this group put it up sometime last Fall - anywho, it's a plant with a ruler stuck in it with a pic of your child at the top.  You would use a sharpie and write along the side of the ruler - Thank you for helping me grow!

I think it sounds cute and useful!

dawnyz
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I just love the flower pens , that way the teacher always gets her pend or pencils back and they make the desck look prettyand the cup is a cute touch too, thanks for posting

lizaye
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Quoting CreativeMummy:

Lovin' all the ideas ladies - Thank you!!!

This is what I want to do this Valentines Day for my pre-schooler - a poster in this group put it up sometime last Fall - anywho, it's a plant with a ruler stuck in it with a pic of your child at the top.  You would use a sharpie and write along the side of the ruler - Thank you for helping me grow!

I think it sounds cute and useful!

I'm going to have to do this for my son's baby sitter.  He's only 5 months old and I'm sure she would love it!  Thanks for the idea!

metalnmyveins
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I think we are painting and decorating more picture frames. I got some at Michaels for $1.  Last time I painted them red and decorated with buttons, scrapbook art, etc. You can even use scrapbook paper.

HeidiConnell
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I have given all kinds of gifts in the past but most recently I have given my teachers products from Tastefully Simple.  For Christmas this year I gave them all the Nana's Apple Cake mix.  It is an easy mix to prepare by adding two apples and two eggs.  I packaged it in a clear celophane bag and added in two apples.  I also included a note that read:

Apples for my teacher

As perfect as can be

They are sweet and special; just like you-

As anyone could see!

Mix the apples with the box inside

You're sure to find a treat

One you'll love to share with friends

Andy everyone you meet!

Have a great holiday!

I wish you the best!

I hope that this tasty treat

will surely pass the test!

Thanks for all you do!

Another gift I have given has been the Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix with a little note like "You've earned your brownie points! Thanks for all you do!"

One year the parents of the classroom gave the teacher a gift card tree.  We used a large plant and each parent provided a gift card of any value.  We used the gift cards like ornaments and presented the teacher with more than $300 in gift cards to various locations.  It made gift giving really easy for all the parents because we could give as much as we could and even if it was only $5 added to the lot of cards it made it all add up to a lot.  As well, we did not ask the parents to put their names on the gift card.

I can provide pictures of these ideas if anyone wants to see them.

Heidi

lizaye
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Quoting HeidiConnell:

I have given all kinds of gifts in the past but most recently I have given my teachers products from Tastefully Simple.  For Christmas this year I gave them all the Nana's Apple Cake mix.  It is an easy mix to prepare by adding two apples and two eggs.  I packaged it in a clear celophane bag and added in two apples.  I also included a note that read:

Apples for my teacher

As perfect as can be

They are sweet and special; just like you-

As anyone could see!

Mix the apples with the box inside

You're sure to find a treat

One you'll love to share with friends

Andy everyone you meet!

Have a great holiday!

I wish you the best!

I hope that this tasty treat

will surely pass the test!

Thanks for all you do!

Another gift I have given has been the Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix with a little note like "You've earned your brownie points! Thanks for all you do!"

One year the parents of the classroom gave the teacher a gift card tree.  We used a large plant and each parent provided a gift card of any value.  We used the gift cards like ornaments and presented the teacher with more than $300 in gift cards to various locations.  It made gift giving really easy for all the parents because we could give as much as we could and even if it was only $5 added to the lot of cards it made it all add up to a lot.  As well, we did not ask the parents to put their names on the gift card.

I can provide pictures of these ideas if anyone wants to see them.

Heidi

Of course, I want to see pictures!  What cute ideas!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)