Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a teacher and a poor one at that.  So this is what I made for my fellow collegues and for my daughter's teachers (and myself, this is mine) this year. 

I'm sure you all have seen them, probaby made them yourselves.  They are pens with flowers on the ends.  I thought they were cute and practical so I thought I'd share.  What do ya'll give your kids' teachers?

by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Replies (21-29):
BECKI143
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:58 AM

CANDIES AND CONFECTIONS. THIS YEAR EMILY HAS A MALE TEACHER AND MALE TA SO I CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH CONFECTIONS.

prinsesK
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 9:25 AM

this is a lot like the op, but i crocheted the flowers and put several pens in a mug....

here's the link to the pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80314AD.html

http://cache.lionbrand.com/stores/lionbrand/pictures/80314ada.jpg

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
fairyshyone
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 6:27 PM

That is so cute. 

"Worry  looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
maryztutti
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM

My son had a male teacher one year also and I took a coffee mug and filled it with black and red pens and tea bags.  He loved it.

Bizmom
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Hi,

Yes seen them, made them and even sold them. these are fun to do especially with the kids, there's all sorts of flowers to use when making these, we also use the metal pails even the flower pots, gives it a more look of a bouquet of flowers when it's in a flower pot, even decorated, we have used styrafoam to hold the pens in place. you could use the small marbles or the flat sided marbles it also helps them stay in play. but love to make and give these as gifts. who wouldn't love to recieve this as a gift. makes a great teacher's gift as well as a mother's day gift. love it. your a very bright and beautiful. love the bright colors.:)

Bizmombutterfly 

wave

JEWELLBUG
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I have made these every year for my kid's teachers...they are very big hits...however this year they are in a new district and seems this school made them for a mother's day gift or something so all the teachers have one....so it is time for a new idea for me!

Jacylrin
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM

With the floral tape, if you're getting the dull green traditional kind, it sticks to itself and doesn't require glue (though a little at the end just to make sure isn't a bad idea). To make floral tape stick, you stretch slightly as you wrap. Not everyone realizes this. I happen to know since my mother and grandmother have been making arrangements since before I was born :-)

Jacylrin
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Oh, and for male teachers you can stick other things on the ends of the pens, not just flowers.

Bizmom
by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Just some idea's to put on end of pens for male gifts. maybe some of the soccer foam balls, footballs, or even tennis balls, they come very small enough to just fit on the ends of pens, the small key chains are great for this. how about drilling a small hole with a small drillm and fitting through a chain and adding some gold T's to it as well as maybe some flip flops or how about a small little hula dancer. these are in keychains as is. so hole is already there to add. use shrinky dinks to add the male or dad's name, birth date and a little messge as well . so much more idea's.

Have Fun. 

Bizmom

wave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN