Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husbands Aunt is getting married in May.This is her 4th marriage and his 2nd. I am wondering what a good gift would be for them?They are very established, and my DH doesn't want to give them money,  they both live in Canada so it must be able to get through customs. 

Any ideas?

by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Replies (11-18):
LovemyQ
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Ah, that makes good sense.  I understand.

Quoting grandma4five:

You're correct on the wedding gifts for multiple marriages - it's not something that is expected.  However, if you feel this is something you want to do, it's perfectly acceptable to give a gift of a more personal nature, as has been discussed.   Having said that, for this couple to have even discussed giving a gift leads me to believe this Aunt may be someone they are close to.  Usually when it is not a first marriage, the ceremony and any reception would only be attended by very close family members or personal friends.  

deenakate
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 2:27 PM

For my brothers wedding, I made him a signature quilt... I used 5" squares of colors that they used in the wedding and mixed it up with 5" squares of muslin.. I bought macron pens (lots of them) and had the guests sign the quilt with their best wishes.. Took it home and quilted it... Used the wedding invite as a lable, (scanned in computer and printed it out on fabric)

They loved it and it will last them a lifetime...and hopefully so will their marriage..lol

dk

Sherlly
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Quoting deenakate:

For my brothers wedding, I made him a signature quilt... I used 5" squares of colors that they used in the wedding and mixed it up with 5" squares of muslin.. I bought macron pens (lots of them) and had the guests sign the quilt with their best wishes.. Took it home and quilted it... Used the wedding invite as a lable, (scanned in computer and printed it out on fabric)

They loved it and it will last them a lifetime...and hopefully so will their marriage..lol

dk

What a great idea!! Now I just need to know someone getting married!

princezzmommie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:22 AM

do you scrap book? you could get them a cute little scrap book, predecorate some pages sans photos, and ship that to them. entitle the book "Our wedding" or "our honeymoon" or something like that. i don't know if or not you guys are into the whole scrapbook thing but i know i'd love to do it, if only i knew how.  maybe she'd feel the same.

deerpow
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM

If you sew you could make them a wedding ring quilt or just a plain quilt with their favorite colors in it. Or you could make them a scrap book withthe pages started for them and all they have to do is put the pictures in it. I did this for my SIL and they loved it. I hope this helps good luck.

April

LolosGarden
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I make couples bracelets for the ladies with his and her name on them, come take a look :)

alt

HEY!-

Befriend me on myspace! www.myspace.com/lolosgarden

maggie13
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM

This is a good idea for graduations, baby showers, and bridal showers. I have even seen this done with a pre-made tablecloth for us who cannot sew a lick ;-)

Quoting Sherlly:

Quoting deenakate:

dk

What a great idea!! Now I just need to know someone getting married!

stephiesue
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Two wedding gifts that I really loved where:  one of my friends took a picture of me and my hubby when we were dating (she caught us walking on the beach) she got the picture matted and framed.  It hangs in my living room and is a cherished gift.  The second gift I really liked was a picinic.  My friend put together 2 glasses, plates, silverware, napkins and candles for a romantic picinic.  I dont know if you have them in your state, but we have Entertainment books, they are usually a fundraiser item.  It is a book filled with coupons for restaurants, and services in your area.  Great gift for those who have everything!  Pair it with a bottle of wine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN