Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Children can make....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 397 Total Views

We make a LOT of Valentine's every year (9 per grandparent.... 1 puzzle piece per Valentine until they receive the complete puzzle)... so this year I'm looking for fresh ideas.

My daughters are 3 and 1 1/2 (the littlest will color/scribble). My 3 yr dd LOVES to do art and she's actually pretty good for her age (as she does SO much).

Ideas?

by on Jan. 18, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Edited by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2009 at 7:54 AM
dawnyz
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I saw a prject where you dip each hand into fabric paint line then up so the palms meet in the middle you then draw on a little head with the color of hair the child has maybe a dress and have each child do this am you can give a grandma little angels bag....its very cute and easy to make, with the left overs you can have them make you a t-shirt with their hand prinys with their  and name on it. just make sure to have rubbing alcohol on hand to take of the pain....you can add glitter to the glue while its wet....add pom poms to the top to make it more festive and i used just hot glue...hope this helps a little...all so with little fingers you can make critters from their finger prints, things like caterpillars, ants bunny's all kinds of things if you just thinks about it...the thumb turned on its side could be a little pig and with sharpie marker you draw in faces and small details, to make the grass just brush on with a regular paint brush or cut paper with "v:'s in them and just drag up ward til you get the grass you wany, even the cloudscape can  be a cluster of fingerprints. I know MIL just loves hers and this was over 6 years ago we bad it....hope this helps a little

holleehobbee
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM

You can also dip their hands in paint and press down on paper, fabric, whatever and let the thumbs meet  and index fingers.  This will form a tiny heart in the middle as well as their hands will be shaped in the form of a heart that you could outline.   They can paint or color the inside tiny heart another color.  You could press the hand prints  on a piece of construction paper or cardstock in the middle (may want to fold the paper in half first) and then let dry and add a message and fold.  Draw a picture or decorate with stickers, poem, message..... and when grandparents open up the cards, they will have a heart shape handprints to keep forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)