Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help: Baby Shower invite

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 12:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 439 Total Views

I am going to be throwing a baby shower , I was wondering if any of you ladies had any good (some what simple) Ideas for invitations.

by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
yvonne37
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I'm guessing you don't want to buy the regular invitations..

maybe you could print out something cute online.. do a search to see what you find.. also if you have every one's email you could email them the invitation and put something to the effect of being "green" about not sending regular paper invitations.

I received an baby shower invite with confetti in it.. little messy but cute.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
shortcake1978
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM

What is the theme or sex of the baby?

jody1130
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I have made a few dif ones for boys and girls. Here are a couple examples:

This was not the end result. I am still working on it. Btw, all are CM upload. 

Junction216
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 3:32 PM

How about a onesie card? 

(I did not make these but I can get you the template)

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

grandma4five
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:42 AM

My daughter did one for my daughter in law in the shape of a baby carriage - it was adorable!  Do you make cards or scrap?

smabentley
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:45 AM

My mom and I made really simple invitations when I was pregnant--we wanted to invite lots of people from church, so I couldn't stand the thought of time consuming invitations!!  We bought cheap dollar-store small white envelopes.  Then on Printshop, I typed out a simple invitation based on the size of the envelopes.  If I remember correctly, my invites ended up being 4in by 6in, I think???  Anyway, they were slightly smaller than the envelope.  I could fit 4 on one page.  We used white cardstock to print and red font.  Then, I chose red and white plaid ribbon, some red and white stripped ribbon--any type of the smaller ribbon in those colors, but ribbon printed on BOTH sides was easier to work with.  After I printed the invites, I cut them out and then used a small hole punch to make two punches at the top of the invite.  Then we slid the ribbon through the holes and figured out how to knot the ribbon so that it lay correct.  We had several compliments on the invites--the most expensive thing was the ribbon!!  Hope this helps!!

Ltmanmom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I used to scrapbook so I have lots of the tools. There really isn't a theme, shes having her third girl. Those onsie invites are really cute! Thanks ladies

SarahTH
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:13 PM

www.smilebox.com

They do all sorts of invitations, announcements, etc that can be personalized with pictures and they have a selection of ones that are free.  You can either email them or post to a facebook account etc.  The free ones come with a small advertisement, or you can pay $3.99 (flat fee no matter how many people you send it to)  for the invitation to be larger and free from ads. 

For any pregnant gals out there, they have some really cute birth announcements too.  I'm going to use smilebox to email birth announcements since it is faster and so easy to put together.  HTH, Sarah

Sherilo
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Since my daughter is expecting her first, I've been doing alot of surfing, etc.  to look for shower related stuff.   There is a really great website, called evite.com, that lets you pick out and personalize, or create your your own.   It looks like a great place to find invites, announcemounts, and greeting cards.    You can email them, or print and send.        Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN