Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HS grad announcement ideas???

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

My oldest son is graduating high school May 17th. We ordered the basic senior packet from Josten's but there isn't going to be enough announcement/invitations for everyone he wants to invite. Do any of you have any ideas on me making some informal yet special announcements to incorporate his graduation and a finger food/cake get together following the ceremony? I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thank you!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Luvmycolliesx2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM

You can go to Vistaprint.com and you can make all kinds of things! Check out the "free" stuff (you pay for shipping) And they change the free stuff all the time so you'll have other choicess if you don't see what you like now :o)

I made up some business card size invites for the open house so they'll fit right into the announcements and there will be extra so grad can hand them out to friends :o) - Cost me $3.99 for I think 250- paid for shippping :o)

Nique
WhisperingDragons Sewing Lessons Group Owner

Mrsblitz
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I had Graduation Cards printed with my daughters Senior Picture on it at Costcos for like 10.00 for  50 of them and the came with envelopes. I then printed the after picnic information on my Word processing software. Copied and pasted it down the page. Printed them off and cut out. Inserted with the graduation cards and sent out to family and friends. Walmart, Walgreens, Costcos, Sams club all do the cards. Really store that has a print lab probably would do the cards. Watch the circular as it gets closer to graduation they will be advertising them and alot of times they have coupons for money off of order a certain quanity.

BabsS2008
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I made invatations to look like Graduation Caps !

Cut a square to the size you need to put the invitation in the middle.  I dont have a picture, but IF you try either a scrapbooking or rubber stamping website you will probaly be able to find it ?

after you have a square then you fold the points into the center to creat 4 triangles, I put the invite in the center, then on top I glued a button with a tassel of the school colors.

Also for a "quick bite" I buy small pretzels, then add "wilton chocolate charms" you get these at most craft stores. 

Arrange pretzels on cookie sheet.  place one chocolate charm, in the center of each pretzel.  place in oven @ 250 degrees, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until charm is just melted.  Take out of oven and put an m & m in the center.  let cool, and enjoy.

I have done these in the school colors or holiday colors and also I just got some for my daughters baby shower.  Then you can get the M & M's in cordinating colors also. The chocolate also comes in many colors.

They are a big hit !

witchywoman505
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I had a friend who had announcememts made with her son's kindergarten picture printed on the front and his graduation picture printed on the back. She went to Vista Print, they did a great job, they were pretty inexpensive and they were so cute!

CarouselLady
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Thank you so much!!!! You are awesome. I would never have thought of the grad hat invites nor the kindergarten pic being included.  I'm glad I went ahead and posted this now instead of waiting until the last minute. I'm very appreciative of the ideas. You all have talent that is for sure! Thank you again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)