Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babyshower favors???

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 864 Total Views

ok i need help finding ideas for babyshower favors for my sisters shower that are cute and cheap. she is having a boy and a girl!!! her shower is feb1!! i wanted to try and spend like 25-40$ and we are making favors for 50 ppl

by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillmw
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM

For my shower, my SIL made CDs with lullabyes (sp) and childrens songs.  I love it!

mamaholly1
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:57 AM

what a great idea for the CD of lullabies....

(photo from www.TLC.com)
Do YOU love the Gosselins?
Then Join Me at Gosselin Fans  AND
Jon and Kate Plus 8 Fans on CafeMom

bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:59 AM
BabyOwensMama
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:01 AM

you could make rice krispy treats some in blue and some in pink and cut them out with a cute cookie cutter, or you could just make gender neautral duckies or something, put them in plastic wrap and tie a cute bow around them. I made pink and blue chocolate covered pretzels for my cousins shower...

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM

i usually make treat bags with jelly bellys in them... clear plastic bags tied with a simple pink or blue bow...

katiebug49
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Bath salts? You can make them yourself in a big batch... I made them for Christmas, and I got one epsom salt box, and one sea salt box, mixed it together, and then added scent and blue food coloring. It is really simple, and easy... and it made more than enough for 30 gifts, plus I still have a lot left over. Oh and I put them in small baby food jars, spray painted the lids blue, and tied silver ribbon around them... you can get as creative as you want. I probably spend a total of $10 on everything, because I got the jars for free from freecycle. I just listed that I wanted baby food jars, and some lady saved a whole bunch for me, but you can also get them in bulk from ebay.

Photobucket
mommiedear
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Make the CD what an awesome idea!!

jennipher23
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM

well i live in colorado and here is a mexican store and they make little pins let me take a picture for you they r really cute

the pink ones were for my friends baby shower the blue ones were for mine

they have many diffrent ideas and they look easy to make

barmelino
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM

When is the shower and are you having a theme? For my sister's baby shower  I made mini cheesecakes.... easy and CHEAP! and topped each one with `blueberries or cherries. All the mini cheesecakes were: Put a vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cupcake tin and then use the no bake cheesecake. I but them in sadwhich baggies and tied them with a pretty bow and made tags from  the avery business card set..... went over really well!!!

For my cousins baby shower I made chocolate covered peanut butter balls and swirled blue and wwhite chocolate over them and then placed 2 of them in a cupcake tin and packaged similar to above. These were an absolite hit! We didn't know how many people were coming so I made a ton and everyone brought extra ones home!!

My best friend is having a baby this summer and he theme is noahs arc so I'm going to buy little animals and dip them in scented wax (Like wax bears) and then package them and put them in an arc in the center of the table. I'm hoping this will work for my centerpieces/ favors! I made everyone wax bears for Christmas and they were a huge hit... and sooooo easy.... relatively cheap depending on the materials/coupons you use!

Good luck! If you let me know what your theme/month is I have tons of homemade/ cheap and easy ideas!! 

MamaPinkston
by on Mar. 20, 2009 at 2:30 PM

That is such a great idea!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN