Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines day gift for hubby

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 2429 Total Views

Hi Everyone!

I don't know what to do for my husband for Valentines day. I like to give personalized/homemade gifts but I'm feeling lost. I also would like to do something special for my husband from my daughter. This is his first valentines day as a daddy and I want it to be special. My daughter is only 8 months old so... theres not much she can make but I'm thinking along the lines of using her picture...footprint and those types of things.

Any ideas?

Bethany

by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onceagain4u2
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM

How about a nice photo of you and dd?  My dh loves handmade gifts.  I'm always crunching at the last minute to get something made.  He is so good at gifts.  He loves to hide hearts all over  the place for me to find..sometimes a year or so later!  The first year he put those paper doilly (sp) hearts on trees from my parents' house to an another town where I had an appt. Vday morning.  When I got to the office there were flowers he left at their place of business for me.  He put heart stickers all over the house before...they were everywhere!  I'd get the ketchup out of the frig...there's a sticker, I'd get a tampon...there's a sticker...and so on.  The next year he took a spool of ribbon and cut all the sections saying "be my Valentine" and put them all over the house.  He took some of the ribbon and hung hearts on a tree in our yard.  Last year he took a sheet of watercolor paper, painted it, cut out hearts and put them around the house.  Each had a saying depending on where I found them....like in my car, "you rev me up", in the washer "you make my head spin"...and so on.  This year I bought a container of hearts at Walmart...foam ones that look like the candy hearts with sayings.  They are stickers...I'm going to join him at his own game.  I'm going to stick them in his truck, his office, our store, and anywhere I can find to hide one at home. 

maggie13
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I think it is so sweet you want to make him something. I was thinking how about several gifts made with her hands...a little fabric paint and press them down (you have to do them separate) so they form sort of a heart...thumb tops pointing at each other. This pattern would be cute on a pocket of a man's tee-shirt. Her foot prints would be cute too.

You could even do the hands and feet over a pre-made throw...add yours too so he will always be surrounded by your love.

How about a scrapbook for Daddy and his Little Girl's Journey? You get pictures of you and him to start  on the first page, a picture of the ultrasound, picture of her birth, Daddy holding her, recent photos, a good place to add her current feet and hand prints, and a place to put a new picture every Valentine's Day....This would also be cute as a Father's Day gift. Maybe he will get inspired to try and make you one for Mother's Day!!!!

I wish you the best and hope you have a wonderful time creating something as memorial as your little one.

Take care.

branda32
by on Jan. 24, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I saw in a magazine once (I think it was family fun).   Buy one of the frames that hold three pictures and take a picture of her with the letter D, then one with the letter A and then another D and frame them all together.  The one I saw they cut the letters out of foam board and the kids just held them. But you could use blocks or applique a couple of little red sweatshirts or something else cute. My hubby always gets all misty over anything that says "daddy"  :)

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 24, 2009 at 10:34 PM

what would be really sweet would be a black and white photo of a close up of your daughter's hand touching your husband's hand. Take a bunch of pictures of your daughter and husband together, all different kinds of poses, and just play it off like you are taking family photos for the scrapbooks.  Edit the photo in an editing program.  Then frame it in a simple black frame with a white mat.  On the mat under the picture, use rub-on numbers, and put the date so that precious moment will be immortalized forever.

Beautifly0184
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM

All of the ideas so far are wonderful!! I recieved from the babysitter and my son a bouquet of flowers. The flowers were my son's hands. She took construction paper and traced his hand many times. They then cut them out and roled them onto themselves and taped( i suppose yopu could use glue too) them to green colored straws! It was the best V-day present ever!

recycling sweetpeaalways happy to talk . . . never happy to leave

Emmy217
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Well..I made this for my fiance for our two year anniversary (tomorrow) but it's a good valentine's gift as well. It's a coupon book...the coupons include:

Big bear hug, Half hour back massage, half hour foot massage, fill in the blank, movie night (video of his choice), hassle free night of video game playing, one hour co-op video game playing (I will play with him) shower for two, bubble bath for two, and a steamy make out session.

(Thats a few of the coupons...they're all tied together in book-form with a ribbon)

BrandtZ
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I'm soooo using this one!

Quoting Emmy217:

Well..I made this for my fiance for our two year anniversary (tomorrow) but it's a good valentine's gift as well. It's a coupon book...the coupons include:

Big bear hug, Half hour back massage, half hour foot massage, fill in the blank, movie night (video of his choice), hassle free night of video game playing, one hour co-op video game playing (I will play with him) shower for two, bubble bath for two, and a steamy make out session.

(Thats a few of the coupons...they're all tied together in book-form with a ribbon)

jimbo80
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Quoting BrandtZ:

I'm soooo using this one!

Quoting Emmy217:

me too....LOVE this idea

proverbs2410
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Your husband is SO creative!  What a blessing.  I love it!  :)  Thank you for sharing those ideas too!  I think I am going to use some of those... like a heart in my hubby's car, and in his lunch, etc.  :)

Quoting onceagain4u2:

How about a nice photo of you and dd?  My dh loves handmade gifts.  I'm always crunching at the last minute to get something made.  He is so good at gifts.  He loves to hide hearts all over  the place for me to find..sometimes a year or so later!  The first year he put those paper doilly (sp) hearts on trees from my parents' house to an another town where I had an appt. Vday morning.  When I got to the office there were flowers he left at their place of business for me.  He put heart stickers all over the house before...they were everywhere!  I'd get the ketchup out of the frig...there's a sticker, I'd get a tampon...there's a sticker...and so on.  The next year he took a spool of ribbon and cut all the sections saying "be my Valentine" and put them all over the house.  He took some of the ribbon and hung hearts on a tree in our yard.  Last year he took a sheet of watercolor paper, painted it, cut out hearts and put them around the house.  Each had a saying depending on where I found them....like in my car, "you rev me up", in the washer "you make my head spin"...and so on.  This year I bought a container of hearts at Walmart...foam ones that look like the candy hearts with sayings.  They are stickers...I'm going to join him at his own game.  I'm going to stick them in his truck, his office, our store, and anywhere I can find to hide one at home. 

Loving My Life...
Daughter Of Christ, Beautiful Wife,
Mommy of My Lil' Guy!  I'm Super Blessed!!! :-P  

proverbs2410
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM

You're Awesome!!!  I think I may do something like this for our aniversary as well.  :) 

Quoting Emmy217:

Loving My Life...
Daughter Of Christ, Beautiful Wife,
Mommy of My Lil' Guy!  I'm Super Blessed!!! :-P  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)