Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines day gift for hubby

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi Everyone!

I don't know what to do for my husband for Valentines day. I like to give personalized/homemade gifts but I'm feeling lost. I also would like to do something special for my husband from my daughter. This is his first valentines day as a daddy and I want it to be special. My daughter is only 8 months old so... theres not much she can make but I'm thinking along the lines of using her picture...footprint and those types of things.

Any ideas?

Bethany

by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Replies (11-13):
proverbs2410
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:15 PM

This is a beautiful idea!  I wish I had a photo editor installed on my computer.  Hehe, maybe I'll buy myself one for V day!  LOL.  I guess I should probably hint that one to my hubby first though. :P

Quoting carrie_grace:

what would be really sweet would be a black and white photo of a close up of your daughter's hand touching your husband's hand. Take a bunch of pictures of your daughter and husband together, all different kinds of poses, and just play it off like you are taking family photos for the scrapbooks.  Edit the photo in an editing program.  Then frame it in a simple black frame with a white mat.  On the mat under the picture, use rub-on numbers, and put the date so that precious moment will be immortalized forever.

Loving My Life...
Daughter Of Christ, Beautiful Wife,
Mommy of My Lil' Guy!  I'm Super Blessed!!! :-P  

jjcaj
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM

If he has an office and could use a coaster for his mug you could make one with your daughters hand print on it.  Take a tile I use the 4*4 size.  If you use a glossy tile inke her hand with ink and then imboss it with imbossing powder and set with a heat gun.  If you are using a rougher tile (not Glossy) you can use stazon ink.  With stazon you do not need to imboss it you can heat set to speed up drying time but you dont have to.  I have also done this on a larger tile and shaped the hands into a hart and placed the tile on a easle.

caithybro
by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 5:15 AM

Hi friends,

I just had my 1 year anniversary and decided to make my husband a calendar for the next year with something listed each week that I would do for him. Some of these included things that only he would like- massage, lingerie night, etc. and others included things like making the bed every day for a week, packing your lunches for a week, or date nights. I tried to vary each month by having one of four different categories: intimacy, cleaning, food, and date nights. He seems to love it so far.       Thanks,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)