Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A night in for V-day

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 812 Total Views

This year my husband actually has Valentine's Day off work and I want to do something special for him.  Instead of going out to dinner, I'd like to make a nice dinner for him and have it over candle light.  Does anyone have any romantic ideas?  Foods, desserts, decor, anything to get you in the mood..? Sorry if TMI hehe.  Oh yeah and I'd like to make him something as a gift.  Any ideas are welcome!  Pictures are good too :)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NorahSethsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Does your husband have a favorite movie or era that you could play on? My husband loved the movie Titanic....I found a website that had the recipes for the meals they ate the last night on the real Titanic. I keep meaning to make a romatic themed dinner for him and maybe watch the movie together (although I may barf if I have to watch that movie again...LOL...not my thing...LOL). Haven done it yet but it seems like a neat idea.

Owner- Potter's House School Group http://www.cafemom.com/group/73112

Admin- Deals & Steals http://www.cafemom.com/group/2730

Admin- Soul Journey http://www.cafemom.com/group/11125

sewmama1990
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Chocolate covered strawberries for dessert!!!

I have some journal posts on my page that has recipes in them, feel free to take a look to see if there is anything that catches your eye!!

mommanesh
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Quoting sewmama1990:

Chocolate covered strawberries for dessert!!!

I have some journal posts on my page that has recipes in them, feel free to take a look to see if there is anything that catches your eye!!

OMG I just looked at your recipes and they ALL look sooo YUMMY!  I will be trying them for sure!  Thank you :)

Junction216
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Well, I have no ideas for the night, but I do have a little something that might fit in to whatever you decide.  Take a bag of Hershey's Kisses and one of those Large Kisses.  Make a trail of the little kisses from the door to the big kiss.  Leave a note that says, "Now that I have kissed the ground you walk on, will you be my Valentine?"

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

mommanesh
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Awww.. That is so cute.  I plan on having him drop the kids off at my mom's while I get around to "go out".  So I could have that ready when he gets home! 

Quoting Junction216:

Well, I have no ideas for the night, but I do have a little something that might fit in to whatever you decide.  Take a bag of Hershey's Kisses and one of those Large Kisses.  Make a trail of the little kisses from the door to the big kiss.  Leave a note that says, "Now that I have kissed the ground you walk on, will you be my Valentine?"

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I made these last year... molten chocolate cakes

totally decadent and sinful!  they were a total hit with hubby!

momoflilangel
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

We are going to let Nana babysit so that we can go to an afternoon movie but then we are coming back home to have the evening together with my daughter there with us. I think we might do surf and turf (steak and seafood) and a cherry topped cheesecake for dessert. I am also going to buy my hubby and daughter a little chocolate or candy gift and wrap it for them to open.

mommanesh
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Quoting momoflilangel:

We are going to let Nana babysit so that we can go to an afternoon movie but then we are coming back home to have the evening together with my daughter there with us. I think we might do surf and turf (steak and seafood) and a cherry topped cheesecake for dessert. I am also going to buy my hubby and daughter a little chocolate or candy gift and wrap it for them to open.

I'm going to do stuff for the kids, but the evening is going to be just the two of us!  catch my drift...we don't get much alone time.

conwoo
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM

dessert......very very easy and oh so yummy....you take a bag of oreo's and crush them up, like powder and you take a package of soft cream cheese and mix it all up, i used my hands and then put in fridge for about an hour and then make into balls and put back in fridge for an hour, can put something in the middle of the balls or leave plain...then you melt chocolate and roll them in the chocolate and back to the fridge and then take them out when ready to eat...call death by chocolate...........i put nuts on top and white chocolate drizzle

AidanBryceMomma
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Quoting conwoo:

dessert......very very easy and oh so yummy....you take a bag of oreo's and crush them up, like powder and you take a package of soft cream cheese and mix it all up, i used my hands and then put in fridge for about an hour and then make into balls and put back in fridge for an hour, can put something in the middle of the balls or leave plain...then you melt chocolate and roll them in the chocolate and back to the fridge and then take them out when ready to eat...call death by chocolate...........i put nuts on top and white chocolate drizzle

These are excellent!!  My best friends grandmother makes these every year at Christmas and I always get a yummy plate of them!  These would be a great Valentines day dessert!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)