Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A night in for V-day

Posted by   + Show Post

This year my husband actually has Valentine's Day off work and I want to do something special for him.  Instead of going out to dinner, I'd like to make a nice dinner for him and have it over candle light.  Does anyone have any romantic ideas?  Foods, desserts, decor, anything to get you in the mood..? Sorry if TMI hehe.  Oh yeah and I'd like to make him something as a gift.  Any ideas are welcome!  Pictures are good too :)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Replies (11-14):
SarahTH
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

For a romantic dinner, I like to make fondue.  Yummy and fun! 

momof3changos
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I did a romantic night in for my 6 yr. anniv. and my husband loved it!! The whole thing actually began as a surprise for him, which was fun for him. I packed him a bag with clean clothes and tioletries. I put them in his truck w/ a note that told him to go to a friends house after work, shower and wait for my call to come home. He was so intrigued all day and couldn't stand the suspense!! I transformed our sunroom into a gorgeous and romantic space for us. I set up a candle lit dinner with roses in the middle of the table and our china that we got for our wedding. I got a box of silk rose pedals from Michael's craft store and sprinkled them all over the floor and leading from the front door. I also put a ton of tea light candles all over the room. I knew I wouldn't have time to decorate, deal with three kids and cook, so instead, I opted to order in his favorite meal from one of his favorite restaurants. I also paid extra attention to all his favorite things. I got his favorite beer, his favorite ice cream and favorite music to play softly during dinner. I also decorated the room with pictures of us from the beginning of our relationship to the present. I made sure he and the food where ready and home just about the time the sun was setting (luckily we have huge windows to be able to see it!) After dinner/dessert I gave him a long full body massage to relax him (and with all that contact, of course we were in the mood, but he was good enough to return the favor and give me a massage as well!!) I hope you find great ideas to help you celebrate with your husband!

partygaltoys4u
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Hi there, I plan on doing something very similar on VDay... I got some candles for a candlelit dinner also... I went and purchased these little glass heart shaped t-light holders and found a glass heart shaped bowl... I plan on getting a couple of steaks with a baked potato on the side and prob some raw or steamed veggies... I also will pick up some chocolate and strawberries and have those chocolate covered for dessert... I am also going to places fake rose petals  all over the house.. I can't wait... Hope this gives you a few ideas...

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Hi there - I just added a post on: "The Ultimate In Romance: Ideas Just For The Two Of You!" here in the Valentines Day forum after finding a couple great websites that had some fantastic romantic ideas for a "night in"... hope this helps! Happy Valentine's!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/25285/forums/read/10773414/The_Ultimate_In_Romance_Ideas_Just_For_The_Two_Of_You

giving heart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)