Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Ideas

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 326 Total Views

My mom is turning 40 in a few weeks. Unfortunately I am broke and am looking for ideas for gifts from me and my 3 year old daughter. ANYTHING would be helpful

~*Stephanie Ann*~
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Junction216
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM

4X4 tiles are fairly cheap (less than .50 each) and can be used for coasters.  You could do your child's handprint on them with paint.  I have also used rubber stamps and stazon ink to decorate them.

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

LucindasMama
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM

you can get a white ceramic mug from the dollar store and have your daughter decorate it with sharpies.  you can bake it and the markers become completely permanent.  haven't done it yet, because my daughter can't hold a marker yet!  but there is definitely a post in the group on it - take a look.

grandma4five
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Something I did for Christmas with my grandchildren for their parents was a hand print canvas.  I bought a canvas at Michael's for 2 for $4.99, they are 16 x 20.  First I painted it with white acrylic paint (you could use any color you wanted - even use another color around the boarder for a framed effect!), I painted their little hands and had them try printing a Styrofoam plate before we did the actual canvas.  Then I used stamps and printed "Handprints" in a contrasting color.  I wrote a poem under each hand print from each one of the children with a felt tip pen.  Dated it and it's a beautiful piece of art.  Just type in to google hand print poems and you will get a ton of them to choose from.  This project can cost as little as $5 for the two canvas, $1 for just two colors of acrylic paints, white and black, a dollar or two for a felt tip pen and a little time.  Best of luck - I'm sure you'll get a ton of ideas from the Ladies here.

HappyMomto1
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I've always loved handprint gifts. Anything sentimental like that is awesome. I also love photo gifts. You could make a collage, small scrapbook, or even a scrapbook page using photos that you already have.  Good luck with finding a great gift idea!

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:19 PM

there are a lot of great ideas here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)