Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower ideas??? Duckling shower

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 355 Total Views

My sister is due in june - I am thinking of doing a baby bath theme (she got a lot of her big stuff from me) so I thouht about the baby bed and bath theme.  I am thinking of rubber ducks - anyone have any ideas for games, decorations, etc . . .

by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alexiediaz
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:55 AM

http://www.invitationland.com/baby-invitations.html

this web page has  printables of duckys from invitations to games

auroragold
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Just off the top of my head - Oriental Trading always has a ton of those little rubber duckies in all kinds of costumes, etc.  They would be adorable floating in bowls as your table centerpieces.

They could double as a game or a door prize. Simply use permanent marker to write on the bottom of the duck.  You could write on ONE duck and whomever picks it gets a door prize. 

Or you could have enough ducks for each guest (they'd take them home at the end of the shower) but write a number (say 1-3) on the bottom. #1 gets a favor from pile #1
#2 gets a favor from pile #2
#3 gets a favor from pile #3

Of course that would mean making different sets of favors - but that could be more cost effecitve in the end.....

(p.s if you haven't thought of it - watch for the after easter sales for all things ducky!)

Connorstar
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I had a ducky cake. Just make a regular round cake and then put white icing on it and then blue sprinkles as water (cute) and then put 3 rubber duckies on top. She can use the duckies after the shower for the baby toys!

MamaOfB
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM
ceciliam
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Oh cute theme! I just made a post on my blog about doing a Baby Bee Baby Shower.

A Duckling Shower sounds adorable though!

I Love Diaper Cakes!

mimirosemomy
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I did a duck cake for my sisters shower once. I frosted the cake blue for the water. put some duckies on the top and then piped out white frosting all over to make it look like bubbles. Then we did blue raspberry punch and put duckies in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN