Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinosaur valentines?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 366 Total Views

My son loves dinosaurs, has for about 2 years now.  I bought a dinosaur candy mold, but I have no idea how to tie it into Valentine's day.  Does anyone have some ideas?  Thanks so much!

by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MNMom247365
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Make a bunch of chocolate dinosaurs candy then tie a ribbon around the bag with a little note that says your a dino-mite friend! Happy Valentines Day! 

gamomof3kids
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 8:24 AM

That is a really cute idea!!

3psinapodmom
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Depending on the age of the recipients, you could also attach the valentines to some of those little dinosaurs you get cheap in a big bag at Walmart.  Either tie it around one dinosaur or put a dinosaur or two in a cellphane bag with a little candy.  Then use the previous posters suggestion of "You're a Dino-mite friend" ..."I think you're 'Dino-mite'!"..."Have a 'Dino-mite' Valentine's Day!" ...or some variation. 

MamaOfB
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM

You could add conversation hearts into the dino's hands as well.

momiilu
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM

use the candy molds to make dinasaur lolipops, then take a picture of him standing with his fist out, like he is punching, you want his fist to take up lots of room in the picture, then print it out as wallet size pictures, you could write "Have a Roar-n Valentines Day" or something witty like that.

Then cut the tops and bottoms of his hands with a small slit using an exacto knife and slide the lolipop stick through.

I did this for my son's preschool class for Christmas two years ago  Here is the picture before printing

And here is what it looks like once assembled :)

My 10 year old is going to do the same thing for Valentines Day only he is going to give out valentine pencils and I'm going to write on the pictures "you're all WRITE valentine"

If you don't want to hand out your sons pictures you could have him color dino valentines like these http://www.enchantedlearning.com/cards/valentines/Valentinedinos2.shtml and then tape on the candies you make :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN