Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need opinions on baby shower gift

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 388 Total Views

I'm trying to make a diaper cake for my cousin's babyshower on the 22nd. This is waht I have done so far, what else can I do to make it better??? I was planning on adding ribbon around the bottom layer of the cake, but have clue where to go from there. TIA

Here are pics of the wash cloth roses

by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SgtWife0502
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 1:57 PM

That is too cute !

I would add the ribbon and thats it .. its fine like that , but thats just me ! 

Proud Mommy of 2 with 1 Angel Baby in Heaven. Proud Army Wife !

BrittAldrmn
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I would add a 3rd-tier at the top.  Just use a cute stuffed animal in the center, and put travel size changing supplies around it (baby powder, baby oil, baby wash, baby lotion).

Also, take the Baby bib, and let it drape from the top 3rd tier. I would also add a baby bottle, to go along with the saying on the bib.

Take the two bottom tiers and find fabric that have that light blue in it, or use baby shower ribbon (with ducks, diapers, carriages-those sort of design).

herrick_grl2
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Its adorable

Help children of abuse babyjamesfoundation.org

CrazyDaisy123
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

It looks great.  If you really want to add anything, maybe make some small blue or white bows and secure them on the side of the bottom layer with maybe a rattle or two hanging from them.  But if you don't do anything more, it's adorable.

I made a diaper cake (very different from yours) for my daughter inlaw last year.  I didn't cover the diapers with a receiving blanket.  I had 3 tiers and stuffed inside amongst the diapers, I hid thermoter, spoons, rattles, teething gel, etc.  The top layer was receiving blankets and washcloths instead of diapers.  Then I placed a couple blue booties on the top with a few silk babies breath inside.

Deb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)