Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for gift ideas for 4yr old boys...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 481 Total Views

My boys will be turning four soon, and I would love to be able to make them something along with their other gifts from us.

Any ideas appreciated.

They are your typical little boys,they enjoy cars, trucks, superheros, building things, reading, coloring etc...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fostermommyof3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Super hero capes! 

Stuffed toys- trucks maybe?

pajama pants

I spy bags 

LadyLuck13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM

They got reversible batman/spider man capes for Christmas, with Velcro closures. I would post the pattern here for other mommies, but my grandmother and I kinda winged it... lol. they came out fabulous though.

LadyLuck13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:52 AM

What are I spy bags?

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:27 PM

This is less permanent, but a lot of fun!  For Max's 4th, we had an airplane theme and a friend and I made an airplane and helicopter out of cardboard boxes....really fun for the kids!

LadyLuck13
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM

OMG, I want one for me.... lol. think if i made it out of refrigerator boxes... lol. Seriously that is the coolest thing ever!

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

This is less permanent, but a lot of fun!  For Max's 4th, we had an airplane theme and a friend and I made an airplane and helicopter out of cardboard boxes....really fun for the kids!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

The plane is made from the box our trampoline came in along with some other stuff.  The helicopter was the box from our patio chairs with mailing tubes for the blades.  Maybe ask at Home Depot or anyplace that sells large items.  We used primer and spray paint.

This was really fun to make.  I got the idea from our old neighbors.  The girls had a playhouse made out of several old boxes and painted pink.  They played with this more than anything else.  It even had "real" curtains and a doorbell!

CrazyDaisy123
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM

This may sound silly or not something your boys would like, but I made this for a friend of mines little boy.  I found an old suitcase (hard kind, old one) and painted it with bright colors, block lettered his name, decopauged some pics from a toy catalog here and there and lined the inside bottom with large sheet of felt.  There were already some pockets on the inside.  He uses it for anything he loves to play with.  He can fill it and carry it to another room, open it and wha la, set up shop!

Another thing I made for my nephew was a an old fashioned wood tool carrier.  The kind with the dowel through the top as the handle.  Then I painted it and filled it with play tools I got from the Dollar General store.  He loved it!

blondenak
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM

The airplane and helicopter are way cool!  My boys would have a blast with those! 

I made my boys all craft/coloring "centers"....the rubbermaid shoe box size (mine are clear), and put a new box of crayons, markers, glue sticks, stencils, etc. in them, and when we are having an inside day, they get out their boxes (my 7 year old came up with the name "centers"), coloring books or paper and draw, practice writing.  We make most of our birthday cards for friends & relatives, so the centers come in handy.  Each boy (I have 3) has his own supplies, no arguing over things.   You could add some sort of decoration to the lid or box itself.  My boys can tell them apart by the way things are organized (or lack of!) inside. :)  Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)