Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St. Patrick's Day Crafts

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM
  • 25 Replies
  • 2841 Total Views

Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!

Just thought I'd get a jump on here to get everyone started with sharing St. Patrick's Day crafts & ideas. The photo's below are ideas I've found online - personally, I'm still working on getting all my valentine stuff down & pulling out the St. Patrick's stash and working on new crafts as I go, so I may have more to add later. Enjoy!!!

happy st. patricks day

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinaO129
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Ah yes, and one more idea I forgot to add... (sorry, I don't have a picture) it was just a simple little idea I saw to wrap a few Hershey's Kisses up in some green tulle (or green little gift bags would work too), you can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish, and attach the following little poem...

"Here’s a wee gift for you
Full of good luck & good wishes
To help you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
With lot’s of leprechaun kisses."

Cute huh?

SgtWife0502
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Very cute Ideas!

We're not celebrating St Patty's day ... we're not Irish lol. But I am getting things ready for easter

Proud Mommy of 2 with 1 Angel Baby in Heaven. Proud Army Wife !

maggie13
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I like the kisses idea.

I have found it the hardest day to find good Happy Birthday things to tie into the St. Patty Day theme. It is my husband's birthday. He has yet to tell me if he has taken the day off or not. He likes to have the traditional corn-beef thing (which is an American Tradition). I usually make him a cake.

I like to decorate for every holiday! I blame my mother since that is what she use to do and still does.

Thank you for the ideas.

bornabrat123
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Love the toliet paper masn

Linkat2000
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Where did the St. Pattys mantle idea come from?  I like that...that def looks like something you have to buy...but if I could make it...that would be great! 

Lindsay Wilson

follybeach
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Cute ideas Thanks for sharing...

For my sons 3rd grade class I'm doing green jelly beans in little zip lock bags (3x5 in craft dept at walmart 100 for 1.57)with this poem attached....

St. Patrick's

Leprechaun

It's time for the wearin' of the green
and the smallest people
you've ever seen.
The Luck of the Irish they carry along
and a pot of gold if you can hold them long.
But if you let them go too soon,
Leprechaun poop will be your due!

I did the same thing for Valentines Day at work for a fundraiser & it was a huge hit. I used red hots & it was cupid poop.

Cupid Poop

Here is something from the cupids above,
who fly along with all of the doves.
Whose arrows have hit many lonely hearts,
they send you a gift for your big heart.
Your kindness and love have been so true,
so the cupids have sent you their little poo-poo.

They have a poem for every holiday www.kimstamps.com/poop.html

Laura

indybrown
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM

We're not Irish either but I usually try to decorate just a bit ad do something for the kids to make it fun!  I love the hershey kiss idea with the poem...I'm going to have to do that this year!  Thanks for the idea!

Check out my family blog at http://sheheandthree.blogspot.com

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM

In reply to Lindsay...

Hi Lindsay - In answer to your question, yes the mantel item is a finished item for purchase from Terry's Village (terrysvillage.com) but often, I will "swipe" ideas of finished products and make them myself. For these letter items, you can find large wood block letters at Michaels, most Walmart craft dept. or other craft stores & if you're artistic enough, can be painted or what I often do is decoupage scrapbook paper onto the letters & embellish as desired. 

Best of Luck!

yellowhair
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Those are adorable!! This year we are leaving our Chisrtmas tree up and redecorating it for all of the holidays. My son and my friend (disabled) and myself are handmaking all of the decorations. She makes the chains and Tanner and I make the rest. The one for Valentines turned out pretty cute.  If we get the St. Patricks one done, I'll try to post some pics. Please keep the ideas coming, I need all the help I can get. LOL

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM

BUMP

(I'm bumping my own post back up, sorry, not trying to be conceited, another post was asking for St. Patrick's ideas for a kid's party & I'm just getting this back up on the list so it's not long lost in the shuffle.)  

BTW -- Even if you're not Irish, you can always be Irish for a day on St. Patricks Day! ; )

st. patricks day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)