Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Birth Anouncements

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 538 Total Views

I'm always looking for a new idea...So I was wondering if you ladies could help me. I'm due next month and with my son I never did a birth anouncement, but I was thinking about doing one this time. The thing is though, I don't want to pay lots of money to have someone else print them out (Walgreens, etc.) Have any of you made your own birth anouncements before? Do you have any cute, original ideas? Please help!

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThaMCE
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of mine, but I got a "Just Arrived" stamp from Michael's that you can use for the inside of the card that shows the name, arrival date, weight and length, etc. I used some embossing texture plates (they were made by Fiskars, also in the scrap section at Michael's) with footprints on it that matched the footprints on the stamp. It gave the paper a nice touch.
bornabrat123
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I could make you some on photoshop  but then you would have to print them so that would defeat the purpose huh lol

SgtWife0502
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:42 PM

You can always use vistaprint.com ... they always have specials... you can create the cards online get 10 for free and just pay shipping.

jandyrodax
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I made my own and have made for others.  I either print them myself or send them to Walgreens.

Qivarys
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm very familiar with vistaprint. I used them for our wedding save the dates. I'm really looking for a hands on project. I will have to look around for some stamps. I used stamps to hand make all of my wedding programs. I figure handmade birth anouncements are scarce so it will be more likely that our family members won't accidently discard them down the line. Plus it gives me something to do in my down time, i.e., during my son's naptime or when I've got my pregnancy induced insomnia lol Thanks again ladies!

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Here's a link to some great ideas at Marthastewart.com...

CreativeMummy
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Walgreens has specials right now on 4x6 prints that are just 10 cents a copy.  I did my daughter's birthday invites and also her thank yous this way.  I am working on a birth announcement for my nephew that was just born.  If you would like to see the finished product just let me know.  And by the way....CONGRATULATIONS!!

Here's the thank you -  

Ribbonlady
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I'm also a stamper, so I'd suggest stamping them.  There are also lots of little "embellishments" available in the party section of the dollar stores, so you could stamp the card and attach a little rattle or diaper pin embellishment with a piece of ribbon. 

Debbie, the ribbon lady at http://www.reasonableribbon.com

Qivarys
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I ended up just doing it very simple with cardstock and stamps. One of these days I will get a picture of it uploaded. Nathan was born March 26th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)