Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with group crafts for Mom's

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 9483 Total Views

Hi Ladies! I have a group of about 12-15 fellow mom's (although we're growing) who I meet with 2 times a month. Occasionally we like to do a craft but we're struggling for ideas that appeal to different skill levels, what comes easily to a couple/few of us, has proved more difficult for others. Plus this group LOVES to be able to chat while we're crafting, so anything requiring a lot of instructions wouldn't work well. I would love some ideas that are fairly simple & easy, inexpensive, and not time consuming but would be somthing the ladies would appreciate & not just toss out. (It does not have to be just holiday related)  Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance for all your ideas! (Pictures are always of great help too!)

Warm Hugs,

Kristina

scrapbookingblowing kisses

by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Picture frames are always super easy.

Cardboard for the frame...cover with paper, fabric and whatever else you can think of.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Things we have done at our MOPS group....Decorate mini flower pots with paint pens. Or a plastic bowl (you can write the family name on it with people etc). Photo tote bags you can decorate with fabric pens and use stencils. Cover a notebook with cardstock and stamp decorations on it. Beaded bracelets. Fill baggies with dried spices to make dips that each mom scoops per a recipe card (premake spice kits for late use).

BabsS2008
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I made just before Valentines Day a craft at church.

We used red & white dry beans.

It was really easy, mix beans with a small amount of elmers or white glue, and a little bit of water, mix until coated.

Then on a piece of wax paper formed the beans into a heart shape.

Also used a small piece of ribbon for hanging.  Let dry over nite, then flip them to get the other side dry.

Easy, inexpensive, even a child could do this!

It was a fun craft during some fellowship with other Moms.

veterans day

conwoo
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM

bath salt

use epsom salt

food color

assential oil

mix and put in jars

connie woodsplant a tree

medicmomof2
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I was trying to find the book I have, but I can't seem to. Its full of projects for all seasons and then some. It even has patterns in it.

Anyway, try having everyone bring a jarred candle and decorating it. Or making Christmas/ birthday/ every occasion cards. I will keep looking for that book, I use it all the time.

big_2281273-1.jpg picture by mediccharity

artC1s
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM

There are craft ideas at www.bhg.com that suit a variety of skill levels. You may want to try to activities at once to provide an opportunity for variety and encourage moms to try new and even more difficult projects as they go along.

mamamiaohmy
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM

We just did  votive holders at MOPS - pretty inexpensive ( I got the holders at Walmart for 57 cents each, tissue paper for under 2 dollars- and it goes far, and I used Mod Podge to glue it- although you could use thinned down Elmer's white glue and it would do the same.)  You can cut out the printed designs from the paper - depending on what you find, or tear strips/pieces and glue on that way, cover with a sealing coat of the Mod Podge, making sure the tissue paper doesn't overlap the rim and go into the inside (fire hazard). 

karanmi
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM

This site is a  wonderful site  for all types of crafts from simple to advanced.

http://www.craftathome.com/

I am sure you could find something that would fit your needs there

gilleje
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM

We did a craft at my MOPS group one year that I really need to do again since mine has finally bit the dust from a lot of use...

refrigerator magnet

Take a ruler (found at dollar tree 3 for $1) 

hot glue three clothes pins on evenly separated...one on each end and one in the middle

stick on magnets on the back side

decorate w/ stickers, paint etc...

I loved to hang pictures, Dr reminder cards, school reminders etc from it... again I used mine so much it finally broke to pieces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN