Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any craft ideas for a crayon themed party

My dd turns 8 on St. Patrick's Day. She wants a artsey theme crayon party. She loves to do crafts. I am looking for some cheap fun crafts that are easy to do for about 5 kids some of them  will be toddlers.

Thank you

Allyson

by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
kelfr25
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

Stained glass windows......draw/color on wax paper, cover with another piece of wax paper, iron (adult or older child) put a boarder of cardstock or ribbon around and voila...stained glass window!

We did this when I was little, but we rubbed old crayons over a cheese grater and put them between two pieces of wax paper and ironed it. Be sure you put a towel on the wax paper before you iron it.

ThaMCE
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM
I'd also get some butcher paper and allow the party guests to leave a signature/hand drawing, or something to have a memory of the day!
jandyrodax
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Check Walmart, Target and some of your craft stores.  They should have shamrock shaped silicone pans or molds.

Quoting stefaniejane:

It would be really neat to find shamrock shaped molds... and copy st. patty's themed coloring pages!  My daughter will turn one on St. Patty's day... so we're not quite there yet, but I'm trying to incorporate shamrocks into her "Tea Party."

moonsdust
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

this is a really neat idea todo.....

Quoting branda32:

crayon-roll-1.jpg

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/

Coloring Book and Crayon Tote Bag Tutorial

http://christynelson.net/blog/2008/12/learn-how-to-make-coloring-book-and.html

I think these would be great party favors.  I've been thinking about making them for my son's class at the end of the school year. They'd be handy on our summer road trips.  Or to take to a restaraunt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN