Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St patricks day party for Toddlers. Need ideas.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am hosting a st patty's party for my dd playgroup. there will be about 6 toddlers ranging in age from 1-3. Any ideas for crafts?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-15):
KristinaO129
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I bumped up my previous St. Patrick's Day post with lot's of pictures for St. Patty's crafts there but below are some of the ideas geared more toward young kids. (1-3's though ??? Use your own judgement). Hope you have a blast!

Leprechaun made from a TP tube found on familyfun.com

Lifesize Leprechaun idea found on womansday.com

Sorry, I don't remember where I found these ideas but it's just scrunched up pieces of tissue paper glued onto cardboard or posterboard.

An easy cake idea for a St. Patricks party, rainbow is made from either skittles or M&M's, I bet a smaller version could be made on cupcakes. (Sorry the pic. isn't clearer) 

JeffersonMom
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Hehehe, the leprechaun pee idea is halaurious.  I think I'm going to put green food coloring in the toliets before everyone gets up on St. Patrick's day.  Thanks for the great idea :-)

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

...put some green food coloring in the potty....the leprechauns had to use the bathroom!!!!!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Quoting JeffersonMom:

Hehehe, the leprechaun pee idea is halaurious.  I think I'm going to put green food coloring in the toliets before everyone gets up on St. Patrick's day.  Thanks for the great idea :-)

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

...put some green food coloring in the potty....the leprechauns had to use the bathroom!!!!!

They used to to this at one of the preschools in the area...the kids would get SOOO excited by the green tinkle!

YuppyMom
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 12:04 PM

When I directed a preschool, we used to do a pot of Gold hunt every year.  While the children are busy doing a craft or something, someone hides a pot of gold....it can have gold wrapped candies, or small containers of playdough and toys wrapped in gold wrap (they actually make gold tissue paper that works for this).  We used the Halloween pots that look like a black cauldron.  They double well as a lerechaun pot:)

We would leave footrpints (depending on the flor surface you have to work with you can eiher use green tempera washable paint --fine for tile, linoloeum, commercial non carpeted floors) or cut them out of paper....  Small green leprechaun footprints.....Anyway, the children follow the footprints until they find the pot of gold.  It's great fun!

Mommyocooltwins
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Hi, I forget where I read this but I did this last year with 3 5 yr olds; an 8 yr old; and a 2 yr old. Sort of worked for the 2 yr old, here ya go:

Cut out big shamrocks for hte "body" of this paper person

cut out 4 smaller shamrocks for the hands and feet of this paper person

child's favorite color construction paper for the thin strips for arms/legs which you will fold accordian style for the bendy look

Kids can decorate a smiley face on the big shamrock, or scribble or whatever, or you could do stickers for eyes and stuff... then glue stick for the arms/legs/hands/feet.

when all done, hole punch the top and tie a green curling ribbon or string to it and there's something they can take home for a decoration.

My guys loved playing with them like puppets for a while too

enjoy!

- Teresa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)