Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teachers gift

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 1474 Total Views

I want to make a teachers gift for my 4 year olds teachers. i have 3 days and my house is packed, so no matter what i make i have to go to the store. any suggestions?

INFO: my daughter didnt speak when she started there, now she speaks and we can understand her, so its a big thank you to them

http://static.pyzam.com/img/graphics/d/BCplaynice0923.gifI'm Slow

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maggie13
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I think that is a lovely idea.

You could do something like getting a pre-made canvas tote bag, some fabric paints, ribbon, glue, fabric roses. Take all of it and personalize the tote.

You could have your daughter's hand printed on it. You could add your hand print in another color, maybe a darker one and then something sentimental as a saying. Add the ribbon and flowers to one end of the handle at the top of the tote.

Sentiments suggestion:

When I began, my voice was lost but with your help I found it.

A voice was silent in the darkenss and a teacher heard it, taught it to be strong, and now it can be heard as the sweet song from Lorelei.

I wish you the best.

Take care.

acissejessica
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM

seriously, im in tears, that is so sweet.  thank you

Quoting maggie13:

You could do something like getting a pre-made canvas tote bag, some fabric paints, ribbon, glue, fabric roses. Take all of it and personalize the tote.

You could have your daughter's hand printed on it. You could add your hand print in another color, maybe a darker one and then something sentimental as a saying. Add the ribbon and flowers to one end of the handle at the top of the tote.

Sentiments suggestion:

A voice was silent in the darkenss and a teacher heard it, taught it to be strong, and now it can be heard as the sweet song from Lorelei.

I wish you the best.

Take care.

http://static.pyzam.com/img/graphics/d/BCplaynice0923.gifI'm Slow

cuppa-java
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM

You can make the flower pot with the gloves(one small one large) glued around like hands.  intertwine the fingers. Fill it with something homemade. The card could refer to the teacher helping your daughter to grow into a wonderful person. Or refer to the teachers loving hands placed upon your most precious gift from God.

cuppa-java
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Maggie i may use this for mothers or fathers day. What a wonderful idea

Quoting maggie13:

Sentiments suggestion:

I wish you the best.

Take care.

maggie13
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Quoting cuppa-java:

Maggie i may use this for mothers or fathers day. What a wonderful idea

Quoting maggie13:

Sentiments suggestion:

I wish you the best.

Take care.

I think that would be a lovely idea. Have fun and take care. I love your idea about the hands in the flower pot.

Best wishes.

maggie13
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Quoting acissejessica:

seriously, im in tears, that is so sweet.  thank you

Quoting maggie13:

Sentiments suggestion:

I wish you the best.

Take care.

I did not mean to make you cry. I am glad you liked the idea though. Please take care of yourself.

As an added thought, you could also get one of those bags that allow for a photo to be placed in side so you could add a picture of your daughter. I think even one of those photo keychains or magnets would be nice too.  

Linkat2000
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I am a teacher and something that was made for  me one year was a flower pot.  The class mom had taken all of the students in my class and used their fingers dipped in red paint to make fingerprints all over the pot.  Then she decorated the fingerprints into ladybugs.  She put each kid's name around their fingerprint and decorated it with other squiggles and such.  She put a plant in it that I could remove and replace whenever the plant died or what not.  I LOVE that pot!  You could even put one of those messages from the other reply too.  I thought those were cute!

Lindsay Wilson

CreativeMummy
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I love the flower pot ideas.  I would also add a ruler that you would use a sharpie to put "thanks for helping me grow" and then at the top of the ruler put a picture of your daughter.  That would go great with the painted pot and the gloves. 

KristinaO129
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I love all the sweet previous ideas as well & especially the verses. My son is in a special preschool class for speech delayed children and over the past few months we have seen & heard some incredible growth in him & he now talks to us all the time, and we can understand most of what he says, so I seriously get what you're saying. I wanted to do something special for Valentines Day & I came up with making these Angel Bears ("To a beary special angel of a teacher") and of course had to package them with lot's of Hershey's Hug's & Kisses. I don't know if time would allow, but I just thought I'd throw the idea back out there even though it was on a previous Valentine's post & you could adapt it to be as simple as you like. Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure the gift will be cherished!

All the Best!

Kristina

blowing kisses

bandk4ever
by on May. 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM

This is what I made my ds teacher last year..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)