Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter party/hunt ideas ..

Posted by   + Show Post

We are an army family and we live on base. My dh's unit has a few kids so we were thinking of planning an easter party/ easter egg hunt. I am stumped with ideas ... Only thing I got so far is what I am serving the kids , which will be hotdogs and maybe burgers . We plan on doing this on the saturday before Easter so on Sunday ppl can have their own family day and go to church ... I need help with what crafts to have them make , egg hunt ideas , decorations . I don't want to buy anything thats made , I want to try and do them myself (along with other moms) , store bought would be the last resort lol .. any ideas would be so helpful , thanks !

by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Replies (11-13):
maggie13
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

My friend has an Easter party every year and there are kids of all ages and abilities.  She does an egg hunt with clues to a "family" basket at the end of the hunt.  In your case, maybe it's a picture/recorded message from dad for when he's gone.  My dad did a recording of himself reading several of our favorite books when he was deployed...we listened to that every night!

Each family gets an initial clue to lead them to the next clue.....this way you have the family working as a team and little kids aren't competing with big kids to find an egg.

For activities:

-Relay race carrying an egg on a spoon

-Face painting

-Easter Bunny Says (like Simon says)

-Stained glass windows-easy and inexpensive craft.  You need wax paper crayons, iron and a frame of paper or ribbon.  Little kids just color on the paper...older kids can use crayon shavings.  Cover with another piece of wax paper, iron...voila!  A stained glass window!

That was so sweet of your Dad to tape the stories for you. It reminded me of when my dad was sent to Koera without us. Mom and Dad made tapes, sending them back and forth for the whole year he was gone. Mom even recorded us a few times.

I Like the Simon Says game with the Easter Bunny....how cute!

SgtWife0502
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

love the cupcake ideas , i think i will do that .. i am going to bake some maybe tonight or tomorrow and see how they come out

Quoting dawnyz:lo

eggs can be filled with chololates, jelly beans and gift vertifactes for a big prize like a movie or stuffed animal, the decorations could made of construction paper, cut out large eggs and decorate do the same for bunnies, flowers almost anything you could imadine. You caouls all so a craft table with the kids and the constrution paper having the kids make there own eggs from paper for this glue sticks work the best rather than bottles of glue. you dould rndomly cut pieces of paper to decorate ot go to a party store and get a bag of easter confettii and they can glue those as well...if you make the cups cake her are 2 ideas one make cupcake as usuanl frost it a bright srping color and place a peep in the frosting it will holdup, the second is to make and frost cupcake in spring colors then take coconut flakes put them in a siplock baggies add about 2 maybe more drops of green to make grass, place a small amount of "grass" on toup of cup cake and then place a few jelly beans and you have easy Easter cupcake with out all the fussy work. Hope you have fun. and have a great day. I hope this helped a little bit. 

SgtWife0502
by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM

thanks ladies for the sites and ideas , i am going thru all of them right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN