Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher Apprreication Week

Posted by   + Show Post

...Is this week, and tomorrow is THE DAY! So I know its so last minute but I have until 200 to figure something out!!

Are there any ideas?? I am in a bind! Oh its for a female Kindergarten teacher who is amazing!

autumn wife of scott

mother of:

KALEB 5YEARS AND JESSE 3YEARS

by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Replies (11-15):
shanbee
by on Mar. 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Thank you so much!

mommanesh
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 9:54 PM

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/12/15/last-minute-teacher-gifts/

There are some really cute projects on this page.  I especially like the fabric covered steno pads.  Unfortunately they are asking you to buy the pattern.  If anyone knows of a free tutorial let me know. :)

I searched yahoo and this is the only pattern I found. http://all-stitched-up.blogspot.com/2007/06/spiral-steno-pad-cover.html

I think any teacher would love to get one of these covers.  This pattern might be a little complicated for me.

KristinaO129
by on May. 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM

For economical reasons, I had to change my plans a bit for teacher appreciation gifts, I ended up painting these canvas bags for each of my son's preschool teachers & included a flower with a handmade seed packet of "The Seeds of Learning" with a poem I wrote. I don't like to do a lot of traditional "apple themed" projects but I thought since these bags are reusable & they were handmade & personalized, the teachers could still appreciate them. 

ashybaby87
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Wow! What awesome ideas!!

Quoting gamomof3kids:

Last year our teacher appreciation was for a week.  Here are so things I did. My son was in pre-k and had two teachers. Sorry for the picture overload. 

I made frames for each of the teachers.

wooden boxes from michael's decorated and filled with smarties

I had another teacher take a picture ot the class and used it with a poem to make a magnet for each teacher

My son used his thumbprints to make the mats of these picture frames.  one of his teachers loved ladybugs and the other butterflies

Target's dollar spot had the metal container, flowers, gloves and garden tools.  He colored the wooden picture holder (from Michaels).  He also painted the flower pot.

We put this basket in the teachers lounge for all the teachers.

Candle found on clearance at michaels.  it is mocha latte flavor, so i attatched a card that said thanks a latte.

M and M thanks

another basket we left in the teacher's lounge

He 'helped' me make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and we placed them in the metal containers.

Hope this helps you!

SELLING:137 pc Baby Bottle Lot click here--$20

homewithfamily
by on May. 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM

These are all great ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN